2/10 TR

Melissa

Well well well, I just got back from skiing at Sno! Got released from work early, was doing work at home all afternoon. When I saw that they were doing a good job with the roads, I decided to head up. Roads weren't too bad--I had no trouble. I knew that the conditions were going to be tracked out powder, but since I suck at skiing on anything other than packed powder (ask Doug, Dime, and Johnny Style who had to be extra patient with me at Stowe), I thought it would be good experience.

As expected, a bunch of trails were tracked out. There was plenty of fresh snow to be had on the sides, trees, and on Upper Runaway and Upper Fastrack. It was windy on the upper mountain, but honestly, it kept the snow blowing which did cover tracks in some parts. Lower half of the mountain was really tracked out and some parts quite bumpy, e.g., Boomer. The powder was super fine and light (well, from my limited experience), which was helpful because then I could just ski through it without worrying about falling.

I ate it once on Spur (whichever the nastar run is). Hit a pile and fell. Whoops, right by the lift too! Since this was an educational experience, I made myself do Boomer even though the conditions were bumpy. I did fine, I just have trouble navigating around the bumps (piles, whatever you want to call the faux moguls) AND not gaining speed.

All in all, lots of fun and enjoyed talking to some new people on the lifts. Okay, I guess I need to get back to work now.

• Like 1

Don't be discouraged by tough snow conditions like the deep spring snow we had at Stowe. It's super rough on the legs it's fine to take it slow and easy and just enjoy it for what it is. Come back to Stowe this year with us!

How much snow fell at Sno? It's shocking to hear that roads were in good condition.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE