Conditions?

GolfingOwl

Quote from Elk's website:

"Between Wednesday and Thursday, we received 9 inches of fresh snow"

Up here in Binghamton, NY on the PA/NY border we got 5.2 inches from last Weds, storm and we are 44 miles north of Elk.

How are conditions up there? I imagine pretty good after the storm this week. Heading up Tuesday with my son. Looking forward to a great day of skiing at Elk (as usual).

They should be perfect, and with new snow overnight monday you'll probably find a few inches of powder over perfectly groomed trails. Start on the slopes on the West side and you'll find deeper powder (they groom that side first).

Tues is seniors day, 20 dollar lift tickets, if you look 65. This week may be busier than a typical weekday as I believe NY state schools have a mid-winter break, but there still will not be any major lift lines.

In another thread someone mentioned that long green trail that is fairly flat--it's called Lehigh and only opens when there is sufficient natural snow. It wasn't open today but may be open after Mon./Tues. storm.

I'll be the rebellious one then, and say that Lehigh is basically open... I mean seriously, they have like 2 ski patrollers on the whole mountain... I was going off the quad and poaching last year right in front of the ski patrollers and they really didn't care... Just to be safe, I wouldn't be too risky about it, but you probably won't get caught... Did the same at Belleayre... Good times, good snow...

Unfortunately GSS, and I know you can relate, working in the family business often means that you do a majority of the work when need be. The rents went on vacation and we got pounded by 3 snowstorms in a row... I've been manning the complex and monitoring construction... Haven't gotten out much at all this year... I am sitting at 8 days... This time last year I had already posted 18... I am hoping to get out and boost that number soon... Plus, I will start making weekly weekend trips to hit CB, Bell, and Elk late season as crowds start to diminish... TRs will be posted as soon as I get out...