Are Those the Catskills??

JollyJake99

Several times this past season, while standing at the entrance to Cliffy, looking NE, kinda in the direction of Great Wolf, I saw what looked like barely visable "mountains" on the horizon. These were only visable on VERY clear days. Could these be the Catskills?

Yes...They are the Catskills. They can only be seen on very clear days. If you go to Big Pocono State Park (drive to the very top of Camelback Mt.) There is one of those view finder things (those binocular things you neet to throw a quarter in order to get it to work). On the viewfinder it tells you exactly where to look (to the northeast) to see the Catskills. The view from the top of Camelback isn't the best IMO but that's definitely one of the highlights

its crazy how much of everything you can see that far north. driving back from montreal i was able to see whiteface from just outside the city, stowe, mt washington, and whiteface at the same time from 87. i can barely see philly from my house and its only 3 miles as the crow flies :rofl