Elk's Opening

rummy

Thought I'd start a new topic.

Buzzdog made the original announcement under the Elks Blowing topic and I made an update.

So excuse the cross post.

Here's the info again:

Opening on Thursday 12/10 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Trails open East, West, Tioga, Susquehanna, and the Beginners slopes. Under the "conditions" page in their website they say more slopes may open. Check that page for updates. Three lifts open.

Nice...isn't Thursday 12/9...It looks like by this weekend almost all the PA areas will be open and if this cold continues as forecasted there could be alot of terrain open for the holidays. How much natural snow is on the ground at Elk? They have been getting snow showers for the past 3 days.

OOPS--yea Thurs is 12/9..I should have used my fingers to count :naughty

Rummy, have you been up to the mountain lately? They added 2 more trails to the open list, but haven't gotten to the quad yet... How does that look for this weekend? Good chance I'll be there Saturday...

I plan on going up Fri night and skiing Sat and Sun. Reading between the lines, I think they are probably going to open Upper and Lower Tunkhannock, since they are opening Lackawanna Spur and Hiawatha. That would open up the Quad lift too. We'll see.

Delaware is usually one of their signature trails... I wouldn't be surprised if they are making snow on it now with hopes to open it soon... But it does take them awhile to open it... I believe they will open the section below the Lackawanna Spur to the quad next to spread out the "crowds." Long drive, but I guess I'll see you Saturday lol