greek peak 12-18

mbike-ski

first family trip up to greek for the season. after great expectations of 12-20" of lake effect forecast for last week it was a bit of a let down. i 'd say they maybe got 6-12 through the course of the week which combined with the man made made for a nice smooth but hard surface perfect for laying down some arcs on iliad and crud busting baby bumps in the right side of the fields. it was fun cruising castor, trojan, alcmene and iliad with the family once they showed up mid morning

temps ranged from around 20 in the morning to maybe 28ish but felt much much warmer in the sun, especially at the base. almost spring feeling mid morning but that probably had more to do with me forgetting my helmet and gogs drying in the garage after skiing in last weeks r*!n, a little unnerving at first skiing in a hat and sunglasses after so many years with the helmet.

only pic was from the celly to bust a buddy's bawlz who couldn't make it up - he loves to poach this shot and it has since been named for him. a good indicator of the week's natural snow

stansrun.jpg

snow depths in the trees ranged from 6-18" or so and it wouldn't be a trip without poaching at least one run, was glad there was no base damage as i definately skimmed a little deadfalll in there

finished the day in the tub with a sammy latitude 48 - not too bad, and a burger at gatherings. no sign of the camp crowd. weekend soundtrack was glee christmas album, wilco and north mississippi allstars