Wednesday 12/29

stever2003

OK, so they were monitoring the VIP line today. Seems a bit hokey with the new RFID tags.

They had a worker stationed at the end of the line asking to see passes, so now you gotta whip out your pass and show them to get into the VIP line.

Before you could have it dangling off the retractor and they could just see it.

:confused Wondering if I saved my old armbands of days gone by to hold my new pass.:lol:

They only ever checked me once, They just remembered and waved me on by every time after that....

Tomorrow looks nice, I shall be riding tomorrow around 10-11. I'm pumped for upper sidewinder to open, although I'll be in Philly for the Holiday weekend so not sure if I'll be up over the weekend. Monday morning seems like there won't be any crowds so I can really cruise the park then without having to deal with gaypers.

Tomorrow looks nice, I shall be riding tomorrow around 10-11. I'm pumped for upper sidewinder to open, although I'll be in Philly for the Holiday weekend so not sure if I'll be up over the weekend. Monday morning seems like there won't be any crowds so I can really cruise the park then without having to deal with gaypers.

yerppp. probably gonna skip out entirely for this week. nothing pisses me off more than driving up from philly to deal with 30 minute lift lines. with NYE and NYD on friday/saturday, I doubt I'll be in any condition to ski sidewinder. monday sounds like it's gonna be legit....sidewinder hot laps eh?

Drove past Blue and right past Camelback on my way to Ski Big Bear. Nothing too tough there. Only a few very short real black diamonds. But fresh cord till noon and no lift lines. I can't deal with the holiday crowds so it's that or nothing for me. I mix up the runs and work on technique. Nothing much there for most on this forum but a great place for families and people who ski mostly greens and blues which is most of the people waiting in those lines at Blue, CB, and Jack Frost. Very nice lodge with lots of cubbies (no lockers required). The park is similar to Comearound at Blue. Mostly small features but they did have one nice big booter. I like to take a jump now and then but I'm not into the park so it doesn't really matter to me. Here's a pic of the lift line at 10:30. They don't even start the other double 'till 11:00 and the other chair at noon. Longest wait was maybe 3 minutes. Skied 9:30 to 4:00. Parked right next to lodge. JADIP.

4d1c083d2c882.jpg

im pretty sure big bear is masthope, its in lackawaxen

That's the one. I think it used to be called Masthope Mountain. It's now called Ski Big Bear at Masthope. It's part of the Masthope community of vacation homes but open to the public. Similar to Eagle Rock which is also part of a vacation home community.

Again, nothing for experts but great for families and beginners. They have a great lodge with a nice bar and restaraunt. And two lifties to hold the chair. Not pretend to hold the chair like Burma and Main Street at Blue, but actually hold the chair. If you're into mostly blue and green trails and a Comearound type park it's worth the drive on a holiday week or weekend.