Frost 1-29-2011

JFskiDan

Got to the mountain about 9 am. quickly noticed the parking lot was pretty crowded for 9 am, so i headed for "plan B parking area" which doesnt seem to the gem it used to be. lots of cars there, too. one park glade nice, still powdery with a few scraped off spots. spandex was all over challenge for some kind of race, so i never skied challenge glade, which may turn out to be a good thing for tomorrow since it got very light traffic today. met up with Barb and made a few runs down east mountain with her before she had to split for lunch. made a few more runs down the elevator and floyds before i started making my way to my car when i met up with PA RR. he had some time so we headed back to east and rode the elevator a few times. decent powder on the right side of the elevator. some powder in e-glade too. we headed to the lodge for some grub, and i vowed to never do that again on a day that was so busy. definetly a bit more crowded today than normal. east mountain was moving along nicely, but the other lifts were jammed.

picture day is tomorrow.

JAHHDIP

It was coming down pretty heavily when I left boulder about an hour ago so it will probably be pretty nice tomorrow if it keeps up for a few hours. Did Elevator a few times which was really nice and powdery on the right, but it was the first time I skied it with bumps this year so it was a bit of a challenge. Great conditions on the edges but everything but east was really crowded. Draufganger (or whatever its called) and snow drift had some really nice powder on the edges.