JF 2/25 After the rain

C1erArt

Slept in a little an hit the slopes about 8:45. Around 25 degrees, no wind, cloudy to start off with then sunny until the clouds rolled in around noon.

Appeared not to lose any coverage due to the rain, and there was some new snow filling in the pockets of the glades. Started on East Mountain, and did Floyds, River Shot, and Mad Tree Glade a couple of times. The trees to the right of Telstar were a lot sketchier than they looked from slopeside. Elevator looked suicidal, but still had coverage. Groomers were very firm but not icy, held up well all day - didn't see any scraped off areas when I left around 12:30. Headed over to Challenge Glade - a little bouncy - skis made quite a racket but sharp edges helped. Saw more people hit it later in the morning when it softened up a little. Spent the rest of the morning lapping Challenge and T-bolt before heading over to Exhibition Moguls and a run down One Park glade - things were softening up by then so it was pretty nice. Saw Dan and Barb briefly. Was the ski for the cure day, with a fun race down DeMattes.

Conditions were pretty freaking good given the rain, freeze thaw or whatever. The elevator wasnt bad at all. Although I skied the right side. It was bluebird and sunny for a good portion with comfortable temps. I actually loved today including the classy dinner with JFDan and Phillycore at Boulderview Tavern afterwards. Great day.