I got slid on today

Glenn

I like the fact that it folds, eliminating the need for a sheath/cover that will more than likely blow away when you inevitably forget to secure it during testing.

Speaking of sheaths/covers/bags. Tell your your bc crew to lose the useless carry bag on their probes. Watched a number of rescue scenario's at my class this year. You wouldn't believe the time people waste pulling out their probe, than taking it out of the bag (which is even harder if they keep their gloves/mits on), and then erecting it. Just a lil tip I came across.

I fail to see the need for a saw unless you are doing PSTs which do a good job but haven't shown any more prejudice over ECTs. Saws are heavy, and on a normal day trip they don't add a lot of value for weight.

by the way nick, i got my avy 1 a few years back from these guys. also did some dog training on vail pass with pretty much every dog team in the entire state of CO. was sick.

http://www.alpineworldascents.com/scree/index.php/instruction/avalanche-safety

im sure you know but theres a ton of info on caic. also tons of location specific sites for resorts and such.

was saving up to do avy 2 but moved so whatever.

im sure you know but theres a ton of info on caic. also tons of location specific sites for resorts and such.

was saving up to do avy 2 but moved so whatever.

yea, the amount of info is almost overwhelming, haha. i've found the best way to stream line it is twitter actually. CAIC has a twitter account for each region. So I follow the region I ride in most, and some surrounding regions so I can see what's coming or happening with storms as they pass, etc. The tweets are pretty much the bare bones must have info. So on days they are reporting high activity I tend to follow it up by reading the actual CAIC site. Seems to work pretty well.

way to go glenn.

i got slid on once. super wet slab with a 60 foot crown or so. only pushed like 10 feet but damn. was terrified

serious lulz 60ft isn't possible. There are very very few places that have a pack of that depth and unless your landing a fucking jumbo jet on that slope you can't exert force at those kinds of depths. R5 or Class 5's have maxed out at maybe 12-20ft and those are extremely rare.

60ft of propagation is what you are talking about.

There are crazy videos about the Euro 98/99 season, entire towns were buried, beacons were put on cats, I can't remember another season like that.

This is just a cool video -

serious lulz 60ft isn't possible. There are very very few places that have a pack of that depth and unless your landing a fucking jumbo jet on that slope you can't exert force at those kinds of depths. R5 or Class 5's have maxed out at maybe 12-20ft and those are extremely rare.

60ft of propagation is what you are talking about.

There are crazy videos about the Euro 98/99 season, entire towns were buried, beacons were put on cats, I can't remember another season like that.

This is just a cool video -

I'm pretty sure he meant 60ft across/wide (read propagation) not 60ft deep.

CROWN.jpg

I thought I had seen a picture of a bigger crown than this in the PNW region. This was is pretty big, and it's labeled in a TGR thread as a 6 meter crown which it clearly is not where the guy is standing. Maybe in another location it is that deep.

I regularly hear reports that say the crown was X feet wide and X feet deep. I don't think the way JT purported was incorrect but it was vague.