Accuweather Preliminary Winter Forecast

Ride Delaware ?

We expect North America and the Pacific Northwest region to experience a very severe winter, the Cascades snowpack is likely to blahbidy blah blah blah blah increased levels due to the negative (cold) phase of PDO. Our weather models are also showing an increased likelihood for major snow events in Northeastern and Midwestern parts of the US throughout December 2011 and January 2012, that could see severe blizzard conditions hit New York City and Chicago.

i never really put too much faith in these long range forecasts. fun to look at, but dont want to set myself up for a huge disapointment. i thought most people said Philly would get like 20" of snow last year, but that got blown out the window, and we got like 12" in december in one shot.

i've also heard this winter will be kinda cold,temperatures going above and below normal, with some snow, the threat of a lot of snow that turns into a big flurry event, maybe some ice, and a few uncalled for wet days.