SP pricing is out

rummy

I'll have to check it out. Not trashing the mountain or it's terrain, just the vert. Short sighted and duly noted.

But vert around here is virtually meaningless. Like I said we're comparing molehills to molehills in the Poconos. Are there longer trails at Elk and Blue? Of course, but by what...10 seconds? Then again It takes me longer to ski One park glade or challenge glade than it takes me to ski Susquehanna or Slalom (probably because there's more turning required due to the trees). I'll take that over the traditional run any day. Are the Elevator and Risk It short as hell? Yes. But they're steep and there's nothing at Elk like them. Vert obviously makes a difference at big mountains north and out west. Here it's just a number IMO.

And you should definitely check out Jack Frost at some point this season. I think I may even get some sort of discounted ticket on my pass that I can let you have. Let me know. Dan, Phillycore and myself would love to have you come up.

Edited by Ridge Racer

They were cutting those trails from 2003-2008...lol...

Then it was '08. It was the season before those trails opened. I remember I hitting Blue because they were the only thing open! It was November and BB didn't open until 4pm and I had to work so I went to Blue. That was the last year Ray Tuthill ran it I think.

And you should definitely check out Jack Frost at some point this season. I think I may even get some sort of discounted ticket on my pass that I can let you have. Let me know. Dan, Phillycore and myself would love to have you come up.

If I don't go to Maine to work Ski Patrol, then I'll be there... Looking forward to it... As for the vert, I agree... Elk definitely doesn't have anything technical other than the bump runs... I go for the cruisers... Wouldn't mind some changes in my PA mountain routine...