CB Sold

skidude

OK, i have worked at CB for a many a season now and wasn't shocked to hear that we got sold, i mean i got a letter and everything. What i don't get is that the owner is just a smuck who has no idea what he's doing. :banghead

I have been talking to some people at work who are VERY reliable sources. I mean this because they run the show summer and winter. The new owner knows NOTHING!!!! about the business and one person i talked to mentioned that this owner had already run two waterparks into the ground, thats just a rumor i believe. I don't want to see the place when winter comes around from what i hear he is already thinking of changes that will just cause chaos in the place.

I know we all are complaining about a better park and new trails. This guy has now idea what he's doing so i bet he's never heard of a terrail park and jibbing. But also, the lawyer owner is gone so maybe they'll be up for some mroe bigger stuff. But still its a longshot.

From what i have been seeing, camelback's future dosen't look too bright. :(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have said and will continue to say... if camelback would just setup things correctly it would be a whole different ball game. I don't think things need to be super tech, just setup nicely. Jumps with proportional landings would be a nice start. That doesn't take any extra money, and it makes a huge difference in quality. Rails are another story, but I think they were setup a little better this past year, than 2 years ago.

27761[/snapback]

just to clairfy, i actually worked terrain park a bit this year from instructing and the whole jump and rail thing is that the director of skiing is the one who makes the decisions reguarding the park. He is all about people not getting hurt and suing and all that junk. but then again, he dosn't hit them at all. If u got beef about setup, its not park crews fault and stuff cuz they want the goods too. Its the director, who dosen't hit the park. I know, its stupid.

just to clairfy, i actually worked terrain park a bit this year from instructing and the whole jump and rail thing is that the director of skiing is the one who makes the decisions reguarding the park.  He is all about people not getting hurt and suing and all that junk.  but then again, he dosn't hit them at all.  If u got beef about setup, its not park crews fault and stuff cuz they want the goods too.  Its the director, who dosen't hit the park.  I know, its stupid.

27818[/snapback]

That's what I've heard as well, from instructors and the park crew themselves. Any chance that things will change with the new owner, or is the director of skiing going to still control that aspect of things?

Btw, welcome to the site! Glad to see we have another CB insider in our ranks!

Welcome mattressinabox - it's great to have another CB "insider" - On a positive note based on our new "clueless" owner. This might be a great opportunity to get our thoughts and sentiments out there in hopes this business man will listen and learn and put the right people in place to speed CB along.

I think that have someone new to the business might be a lot better than someone who knows it all. One of the most progressive guys I have met recently is the GM over at Bear Creek - I know that place is small but.... if only.... I should send him a message....

I thought I would post this in the Ski Area Management Magazine :rolleyes:

BREAKING NEWS NEWS FORUM

Article Title: Camelback Sold

6/24/2005 New Management at Camelback

This whole transaction has been very quiet which seems strange. There is also a very large property called NorthRidge that is owned by the Camelback Ski Corporation which leases individual homesites to homeowners. That land should be far more valuable than the resort itself. At last Check the CB Ski Corp, leases land from the state which the comprises the slopes that allow Camelback Ski Corporation to exist. What did the new owners actually buy?

Read the Article: Camelback Sold

Edited by Papasteeze

• 2 weeks later...