Great Job Sno!

Winter

I was up for the J3 race this Sunday (skied Saturday) and have to tell you the conditions were stellar! I'd put your snow making up against any other in Pa from what I saw. Boomer was off the hook and it's been years since i saw a race surface like what was on Smoke Sunday. Bulletproof without being Ice. Great job by the race crew by the way.

We were up yesterday for our 3rd annual MLK day pilgrimage to Sno. As usual, crowds were extremely light and we never waited once for a lift. They had pounded the mountain with snow and the results showed up bigtime with some of the best man-made conditions I have encountered.

Boomer was outstanding! Certainly, the softest bumps I have ever skied in PA. Shape and size were fairly consistent too. Clearly the run of the day. Skied White Lightening 3X - had about 20ft of ice at the very start of the headwall but once you got into the bumps, they were very soft (though not quite as sweet as Boomer). Last 1/3 didn't have moguls but was still soft packed powder (no ice). My kids (10 and 13) skied it for the first time and even the mostly Blue Circle wife was able to make it down without too much struggle.

Whole lower mountain was nice packed powder (zero ice) including Smoke and Lower Runway. Only Lower Runway, which was closed in the morning, was mediocre (firm with little death cookies). Didn't hit Rattler as a patroler I rode the lift with said it wasn't in great shape.

Only did a couple runs on the upper mountain and the conditions were nice up there. But unless you like terrain parks, upper mountain isn't worth the ride up until the trails to the far left (Upper Runway, Upper Fast Track, Snake and Glades) open up. Long Haul wasn't running but there is no need until that side of the mountain is open (Lower Fast Track was also closed).

Overall, fantastic day at Sno!

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the props. The last 2 weekends I did photo shoots of Boomer and WL and, although WL is our premier slope, it seems that Boomer is getting all the applause. Our snow making crew really outdid themselves and pretty much showed everyone else how it's done. Upper part of the mountain...yeah..for those that like to bomb it's a little tame but we had good crowds and a ton of noobs & regulars on it Sat/Sunday, and of course the revamped terrainpark was used heavily...we even heeded the park rats pleas to cut the guns for Sunday..something that they truly apreciated while the rest of the mountain we just "angled up" so we didn't coat the skiiers.

We're really doing our best this year...lol...when we had LH on for a few moments to do some last minute stuff to it we were swamped with the "Is it open?" Well..it is open, as soon as we get a little bit more snow to connect the top over toward Whistler (Still waiting for Mother Nature to pound us with a snow storm to cover Fast Track, Runaway & the Glades)...unless snowmaking just gets angry enough and buries the top of the mountain before this weekend as the temps are heading back down later today.

Even got new chair pads on Pheobe...ALL THE CHAIRS!

Links from the FB page for the past 2 weekends of pics..by yours truly:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150597949841138.442164.288781601137&type=3

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150582371311138.439888.288781601137&type=1

J3 USSA Race Pics:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150597793831138.442128.288781601137&type=1

The Boomer pics rock.

I second the seat cushions being awesome- they were really slippery though, hopefully that doesn't cause any problems.

Is there any plan to open the left side of the mountain, or has Sno decided to forget about those trails?

No..we haven't forgotten about them...Please keep in mind those 2 trails up there, Fast Track & Runaway..are super wide and to cover them we need to shift all the water to that side of the mountain. It's a smart move to keep adding the lower trails and maintain those that are running, so we usually wait 'till some real snow to do it for us. With that said they are now calling for a storm this Saturday that is going to dump a fair amount on us. If that happens don't be surprised to see all the guns blasting up there...actually woudn't be surprised to see them blasting as soon as today if the cold holds out..just to start a base.

I second the seat cushions being awesome- they were really slippery though, hopefully that doesn't cause any problems.

Yes they are and when there is snow on them as there was on Monday they need to be brushed off by the lifties (which they weren't). We actually had someone fall off loading because they slid off a snowy seat (no injuries).

Is there any plan to open the left side of the mountain, or has Sno decided to forget about those trails?

The guns have been blowing on those trails all day...

Having been a Sno passholder, I can say that the snow quality there is always amazing, up to closing for the season. Glad to see Sno stepping up the PR this year.

Thank you for the props...like I said in the beginning, we're a different mountain now.

The guns have been blowing on those trails all day...

If we get the snow..a little tonight and then on Saturday, combined with the snowmaking there is a good possibility we will be at 100% Sunday, and yes...that includes Long Haul. Keeping fingers crossed!

If we get the snow..a little tonight and then on Saturday, combined with the snowmaking there is a good possibility we will be at 100% Sunday, and yes...that includes Long Haul. Keeping fingers crossed!

A slight correction....they dumped so much snow on Fast Track & Runaway looks as if Friday night at 5pm might be the kickoff for Long Haul...I'll keep everyone posted.