Jack Frost January first 2013

In what has become an annual tradition, meeting up with Jfdan for New Year's Day turns at Jackson frost. East Mountain is open now with solitude and lightning in addition to river shot. The elevator is not yet 100% from what I hear. A light snow is falling but I don't think it will amount to anything. More details to follow...

Just back. Met up with Dan on Thunderbolt as he came flying by me. Skied over to East for sample run through the Mad Tree Glade and the Elevator trees to the elevator. Snow in the Mad Trees and the Elevator glade needs some traffic to pack things down a bit so Dan and I obliged. We did a few runs on the elevator then we headed west to Happyland which is skiing nicely. Some parts are thin still but all in all Happyland never disappoints. I'm really liking the bumps on challenge and the newly improved Thunderbolt glade - both are a very nice upgrade from last season. We also skied some trees to the right of Demattes which ended up being a nice surprise. All in all - great day today. The crowds seem to have left, at least until the weekend.

Edited by Ridge Racer