Tuesday 2/5

Skiier14

Ten Dollar Tuesday-- can't beat it

Conditions were awesome, fun night, huge crowd...a lot more than I expected

only complaint, open long haul...crowds were getting really bad at the bottom

Someone hit a pole on lightning...sounded pretty bad from what we heard, anyone know if they are ok?

Someone hit a pole on lightning...sounded pretty bad from what we heard, anyone know if they are ok?

Ouch. I would like to know how that happened. Anyway good to hear snow is kicking ass this year and the crowds are picking up.

Was that last night? If so, it was my buddy and he's fine.

What happened is that he took the line on skiers left and I took the one on the right, I guess he ended up going head over heels at one point and taking a bit of a tumble. He recovered, but lost his hat and goggles in the process. He then took off his board and put it on a tree so he could hike up the hill and retrieve his stuff. While he's climbing with his hands as much as his feet thanks to the steepness of lightning, his board came loose from it's location and rocketed down the hill and nailed a snowgun pole. Surprisingly there was almost no damage to the board, just a little cosmetic nick on the nose. He hiked back down and we had quite the laugh on the lift ride back up. It was pretty funny to watch him up there from the bottom, it's not every day you see someone scooting around lightning like that.

Edited by Schif