Frost 1-10

JFskiDan

Excellent conditions today mostly everywhere. They blew a shit ton of snow on the mountain it looks like paid a little extra attention on the fun stuff. Happyland had really good coverage today, it was a blast. best it has been thus far. It is top to bottom now. It wouldnt be happyland without a few rocks to avoid. Eglade also had great coverage and skied just as well.

post-1753-0-34825600-1389388363_thumb.jpg

post-1753-0-38795100-1389388440_thumb.jpg

post-1753-0-81005400-1389388506_thumb.jpg

Opps. Let me finish.

Lots more man made in the Elevator as well, the baller route is no longer sketchy, boulders have been covered up and the bottom is not quite as treacherous with the ice/snow boulders pretty much covered up.

Floyds was closed again with huge whales on it. Started grooming it about 1 pm. I looks like they will finally have it squared away for tomorrow.

They definitely had some issues with the cold temps and blowing snow as crews were out on east mt thawing pipes. The run out to east lift was also strangely icy, and there were some other spots where it looks like they had to open the water valves to drain covering a few areas in what R2 used to refer to as glacier ice.

Pics. Happyland.

post-1753-0-49160000-1389388867_thumb.jpg

E glade

post-1753-0-29535400-1389388920_thumb.jpg

Elevator

post-1753-0-53526500-1389388990_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

While we are sitting out the rain, thought I would weigh in on how great it was yesterday. Got there at opening with a light snow, a couple of inches of powder on the trails. They freshly groomed half of T-bolt and Challenge and left the rest puffy. Lapped those two pretty much all day - went over to e-mtn for a run down Rivershot, and did Exhibition a couple of times. Pretty quiet, although there was a line at the ticket booth when I left at noon.

E-glade looked pretty nice from the chair lift, and Challenge glade was in very good shape. Firm 'blown' snow made carving between the trees a joy, and the bumps were just starting to develop. Still a couple inches of fresh snow on top, and the granite crocuses were few and avoidable.

Hope the rain and warm temps don't mess up Floyds, but don't have much hope for the glades.

A shot of lower Challenge glade - the far side beyond the tracks was great:

photo_zps3f0d162f.jpg