1/24 Weekend look ahead

C1erArt

5 degrees and sunny at 9 AM, and not much warmer when I left. They didn't get as much snow as Philadelphia, just a couple of inches, but have been blowing snow. Still blowing in DeMattes, and it along with Exhibition were closed for grooming down the piles of snow. Everything else flat frozen cord, a little slow with the wax I had on (Dominator Zoom Graphite). Base repair from last weekend glades run held up. Didn't have to scrub off any speed when hitting the top of Floyds or the last drop of Rivershot, which was nice. Otherwise big carved turns on Challenge and T-Bolt, trying to edge the skis and not rattle my teeth on the cords. No pictures today, but should be in great shape for tomorrow.

Definitely will be better conditions than last weekend. rolled in around 10:30 or so. East Mountain was nice, floyds was probably the best it has been all year. Challenge glade not much better than last weekend, a little dust on crust, and rocks to avoid in the usual places. Elevator was ok, better grip than last weekend, with some avalanche snow at the bottom that looks softer than it is. they pulled the rope on Exhibition about 11:30, and it was nice soft ungroomed man made. made a bunch of runs on Exhibition, which were really fun, but pretty frigid on the face skiing under the guns.