1/25/14 - Absolutely Fantastic!

indiggio

Yesterday at Blue was just magnificent.

Got into parking lot around 7:25 to a brisk 14 degrees and started booting up, with a flake or two beginning to fly.

Snow started a steady fly around 8:30-9:00, which everyone expected to start around 10.

Snow everywhere was glorious man-made powder, perfectly groomed, save Switchback which still had it's share of marbles here and there.

Snow was coming down quite heavy by 10, showing no signs of letting up.

Looking up the north side of Mountain Drive, people were coming down at a crawl, which explains the closure. Driving must have been pretty hairy.

With all the snow, there was nary a bad run to be had.

All the bumps where filling in with fresh powder, making them very attractive.

They blew snow in Sleepy Hollow glade, but not many were venturing in.

Snow was hard wells, but carveable.

By 4, the snow had pretty much stopped and blue skies were breaking with a little bit of remaining sun shining through, making for a fitting end to a spectacular day.

• Like 1

Sorry I missed you guys yesterday. Our nanny, aka Kathy Bates, escaped from the fires of Mordor and got to our house late (9:15). I was going to meet Root and Toast up at Montage, but I decided to hit Blue instead. I got there at 10:45 or so, and it was snowing pretty steadily. The crowds weren't bad at all - maybe everyone went in for lunch or something. The snow was fantastic. I was mostly lapping Challenge and Main St since Razor's was closed for a race and the skier/boarder cross on Lower Sidewinder. Chute was crazy good.

The VIP line was rolling through pretty quickly, so I was able to rack up a ton of runs. There was some gigantic German guy in a fartbag and on like 162 cm skis that kept cutting the line. I ended up riding the lift with him, so I figured I'd entertain myself.

"How's it going? Getting out much this year?"

"Nein. Only my second day."

"Oh, that stinks. I'm get out all the time. And just so you know, I'm the best skier on the mountain."

"Is that so?"

"Damn right it is."

I had to roll around 1, but that was not a bad thing as the roads started to get a little sketchy. Hope to meet up with you guys one of these days.

• Like 6

"German guy in a fartbag and on like 162 cm skis that kept cutting the line. I ended up riding the lift with him, so I figured I'd entertain myself. "

I see that guy around a lot. And yes, he is always hustling the line

I think it's a Euro thing. Those dudes head to the lifts with elbows held high. When he was heading for the 6-pack, he gave a grand total of zero fucks.

When he cuts the line nobody says anything to him...I'll put that fucktard in his place...

Are you taking about Fritz?

Nah, not Fritz. He's about the same size, though. I did yell at him, but he acted like he didn't hear me.