1/25 Jack Frost

C1erArt

Pretty quiet on the board, so here is an update from yesterday. Got there at 7:45 and hit the slopes right at opening. Around 12 degrees, light snow, and a fairly strong wind blowing down the hill (whoo hoo). Thought there would be frozen cord like Friday, so I dug out my Atomic GS 1022s the night before and gave them a cold temp wax. Did a few runs and they were a lot easier to get on edge than my Elan Apexes, but the extra length was pretty much wasted on the short runs here. Snow was piling up, so I switched back to the Elans. Not a lot of accumulation, only a couple of inches - didn't make much of a difference in the glades.

Spent the 'golden hour' from 8-9 on Challenge and Tbolt, while they were setting up the race team's gates on the left side of Challenge, then when it got crowded went over to East Mountain. Conditions very nice, and with the tail wind was consistently hitting 50 down Floyds on SkiTracker, avoiding the red coats sled practice. green coats speed demons, and the blue coats training. Only saw one boarder go over the edge down Elevator. When the rentals hit east mountain, headed back to ski Challenge glade (pretty sketchy with ice on the top of the headwalls, although nice in the trees), and the newly made bumps on Exhibition (full lenght now). Headed out around 11:30, lodge pretty crowded and more people lined up at the ticket booth. Without the sun it seemed a lot colder than Friday, even though it was 5 or 10 degrees warmer. A pic of people having fun at the top of Exhibition:

photo_zps8576c759.jpg

• Like 2