Montage 2-9-14

RidgeRacer

Jfdan and myself arrived around 9am for our morning lift ticket deal (possibly the best deal in all of PA skiing.) literally parked slopeside by the quad. Took a run on smoke to the long haul then meet Schif at the top.

Schif showed us some real cool off piste areas which were fun as hell. White lightning was ok, slick in spots and the bumps have apparently been mowed down recently. Still skied it a few times cannon ball was great for speed. We ran the full vert a couple of times via the long haul which is something new for me since I've pretty much hung out on the quad every time I go. The snow was great as usual. Just a great day today. Pic of white lightning below

hymy8aqa.jpg

• Like 5

Great morning with you guys out there. Ridge Racer hit all the important parts, great snow, sunnier than I expected in the beginning and fantastic snow. It was a little chilly, 11 when I got there at 9:20 and 22 when we left around 1:00, but not terrible. If the snow wasn't as crusty I think we would have spent the entire day in the trees, but what was skiable was pretty great anyway. Parking lot beers were had before we took off, and it was nice to enjoy them uninterrupted by security guards. There was a guy in a yellow vest in the parking lot, but he only seemed interested in keeping Priuses from parking along the handicapped driveway.

In other Montage news for the day, they had a rail jam on the brand new rail garden they built 2 days ago in front of the lodge, and when we ran over to the lodge for a quick bathroom break I noticed they set up a tent outside and were selling hot toddies, Irish coffees, and had a shot ski ready for any group of brave souls who were interested in that. As usual, the parking lot was packed, but there didn't seem to be any congestion on the trails and there were next to no lift lines. Life is good at Mount Tage.

• Like 2