Frost 2-14

JFskiDan

Got on the snow just after 9 am today, i wasnt sure if today was considered a holiday, and i was too lazy to look it up so i just settled for a 9 am start. snow overnight was in the order of 6" inches or so....pretty heavy stuff too. i was pretty confident all the trails would be groomed out, but i was wrong. East Mt was ungroomed and a few other slopes were half groomed out. Managed to get some pretty decent runs down lightning/rivershot before it got tracked out, then headed to the trees and the elevator. The sun came out for a while and really made the snow noticeably heavier. i left about noon, fun skiing today.

A few pics.

post-1753-0-00465800-1392416721_thumb.jpg

post-1753-0-42424600-1392416877_thumb.jpg

Skied risk it, there are a few visible rocks in the middle. From the lift i kept looking past risk it, thinking i would be able to ski the woods just to the right of risk it, and ski out the bottom of risk it. i have kind of had this idea for a while now, and they did do some clearing in there about 2 yrs ago, but havent had enough snow to check it out. i started in but, not too far in i sunk down almost to my knees.

post-1753-0-86114800-1392417981_thumb.jpg

i thought better of doing this since i was skiing solo, and i really have no idea what is really back there, so i duck walked out of there.

post-1753-0-58895100-1392418122_thumb.jpg

Havent been this far right in the elevator for quite some time.

post-1753-0-24628600-1392418233_thumb.jpg

so i will give props to JFBB for not grooming everything out. But i will never fully understand their logic as what not to groom. It makes sense that East should be left ungroomed, but this is the connector from East Mt lift, to challenge. its flat, if not uphill. No decent powder turns to be had here, so just groom it out so its not a pain in the ass to get from east to challenge.

post-1753-0-87195400-1392418688_thumb.jpg

Also, i think they left Lehigh ungroomed. Which is kind of silly too, since its one of the heavier used beginner slope. i skied it on my way out and it just looked like a ski shop threw up on it, with skis, poles and people just strewn all over it.

• Like 3