1/10/14....cold..lots of terrain open.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

My local bartender says that she was taught in bartending school to put out 7 drinks per 2 minutes and admittedly at my local bar if there's 150 people there and only two bartenders, I get served in about a minute.

Yes, and that includes mixed drinks.  If you ever see a truly talented bartender, which is becoming rarer and rarer these days, they can crank out drinks like rock stars and do it in style.  

Yes, and that includes mixed drinks.  If you ever see a truly talented bartender, which is becoming rarer and rarer these days, they can crank out drinks like rock stars and do it in style.

Yup...at my local bar they have like an A-team, B-team and backups for bartenders. Nothing worse from a business perspective as a customer walking out because they aren't served fast enough. One of the A-team bartenders usually bartends alone on karaoke night which usually has 50-75 people and that number of people is no sweat for her. She sometimes lets me hangout after hours and count up her tips and some nights she's pulling over $500 in tips. The crap tips the college kids leave are cancelled out by the regulars and professional types who tip generously. Best of all she's gonna let me guest bartend sometime..shit could get rowdy

Nah the sixer is fine, none are worth worrying about but the quad is the worst of all the chairs.

Lifts basically have three braking systems, the button press or some idiot can't load, slow, please stop if you will. Service brake.

The control systems error stop, lift thinks something is wrong and shuts the whole thing down, more aggressive than the button. 99% of the time this is an issue with the stop bar lol. Bear Creek......safety circuit is the official lingo. Emergency brake

The third is the mechanical brake on the bull wheel, the mech is the brake of last resort. It's abrupt and is there in case the drive train or engine goes down. You would know if it was this kind of stop immediately.

All of these are designed to prevent the singular failure point of all lifts, rollback. Rollback is gonna kill alot of people so you don't want that. Older chairs with counter weights will roll back a little on the quicker stops because alot of them the counter weight is undersized. In modern top quads or sixers a pneumatic or mostly a hydraulic system of haul tension is in place. You can set how aggressively it maintains tension. Sunday's issues were likely a safety circuit issue which was engaging the e-brake, it rolled back ever so slightly due to the way the tension is setup to regulate. Too quick and you can buck people off chairs. Essentially the bullwheel is on a carriage system which hydraulic rams move around to maintain haul tension,

Modern lifts also have a anti-rollback device, generally it's a series of teeth that can only engage if the haul line is running in reverse, sort of similar to a otis safety elevator. This is a result of The Tramway Safety Board who after older chairs had gearbox and secondary braking failures instituted a multi system approach.

Chairs are super safe, brittle bars go if you tension fails on counterweight lifts, you have at least three separate braking systems, you have the cable catchers if the haul jumps, you can drop trees on the haul as well as pull a complete tower and assuming terrain and hold down's are ok your fine. There are 100000 alarms including haul line sensors and a grip alarm.

Any serious problems with a lift are almost always manufacturing defects (see YAN), improper maintenance particularly on old chairs or just total shit luck.

Harking back to my conveyor company days, I think they've got the soft-start miscalibrated, probably due to the excessive load cause by the number of riders and insufficient or improper load testing during setup (if they did any at all...).

It felt like the soft-start was starting the movement, but with the excessive load my guess is that an overcurrent was tripping and shutting it right back down.

Bob, the psychedelic liftie, said they were having some type of sensor problem, but didn't (or couldn't) elaborate in the few seconds it took to get on the lift.