autospin bindings

tretiak

Long distance skating just isn't meant to be done on a snowboard. Even with the leading leg discomfort elminated the rear leg still has tons of work to do. I can see how it might be nice if you don't ride alot and aren't used to using those muscles, but I definately don't think it would help that much for a daily rider.

I suppose the lift thing would be nice on busy days where you have to ride 4 to the quad as well.

most times it's easier to take the thing off and walk.  I think you spend more energy skating then walking.

30397[/snapback]

If its a really long distance no doubt. If you can get a little bit of "coasting" then you are better off skating. Top of birches is a skating area, heading across the base from sunbowl to the lodge is a walking area.

As much as I love snowboarding, at the top and bottom of the mountain I wish I was a skier, they have the clear advantage.

I think my biggest concern about these is the "no name" companies that are making these bindings and the complexity problem. The complexity problem being that with almost any piece of equipment the more complex it becomes the more likely it is to break, and more difficult it is to fix. Bindings are the most important (IMO) piece of equipment on the board, and they are the first to break. I can only imagine what happens when these guys break...

All that being said, if I had $100 to burn, I would pick up a pair for the days when I know the crowds are going to be heavy. The side of my foot gets cramped up trying to keep the board pointed forward on the lifts with 4 people on it.

It doesn't help that I ride goofy.

That is the dumbest shit I've seen in a long time.

30410[/snapback]

Dear:

[ ] Clueless Newbie

[ ] Loser

[ ] AOL-er

[ ] 12 year old

[x] Troll

[ ] Pervert

[ ] Geek

[ ] Spammer

[ ] Wannabe

[ ] Asskisser

[ ] l337 d00d

[ ] Flamer

[ ] Whiner

[ ] Other:

You Are Being Flamed Because

[ ] You are trying to sell things without buying ad space

[x] You posted a *insert anything here* sucks thread, without any reasons

[ ] You continued a long, stupid thread

[ ] You committed crimes against pork by-products

[x] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message

[ ] You haven't read the stickies

[ ] You don't know which forum to post in

[ ] You just plain suck

[ ] You posted false information

[x] You posted something totally uninteresting

[ ] You double posted

[ ] YOU POSTED A MESSAGE ALL WRITTEN IN CAPS

[ ] You posted racist crap

[x] I don't like your tone of voice

[ ] You are not civilized enough to post in these forums

[ ] Yuo mispeled evry sengle wurd

In Punishment, You Must:

[ ] Give up your AOL Internet account

[ ] STFU & GTFO

[ ] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor

[x] Actually post something relevant

[ ] Read the f****** FAQ

[ ] Go to your room with no supper

[x] Apologize to everybody on this forum

[ ] Go stand in the middle of a Highway

[ ] Recite the Greek alphabet backwards

[ ] Take a bath in bleach

[x] Drink out of a spittoon

[ ] All of the above

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:

[ ] Blow me

[ ] Get a life

[ ] Never post again

[x] I pity your dog

[ ] Go to Hell

[ ] Your IQ must be 7

[ ] Take your rejection somewhere else

[ ] STFU & GTFO

[x] Learn to post

[ ] Go jump into some industrial equipment

[ ] All of the above

Have a nice day, now!

You posted a link for binding risers. The auto spin concept is totally different. Risers simply give more pressure on the edges and help people eliminate toe/heel drag. The auto spin "easily" rotates the binding so you skate in more of a skateboard stance, and so you can have the board facing forward on the lift etc. Please read through the first link in this thread for more info.

You posted a link for binding risers. The auto spin concept is totally different. Risers simply give more pressure on the edges and help people eliminate toe/heel drag. The auto spin "easily" rotates the binding so you skate in more of a skateboard stance, and so you can have the board facing forward on the lift etc. Please read through the first link in this thread for more info.

30421[/snapback]

uh i kno i posted the tread i miss read the thing palmer has up ill get the right link

Dear:

[ ] Clueless Newbie

[ ] Loser

[ ] AOL-er

[ ] 12 year old

[x] Troll

[ ] Pervert

[ ] Geek

[ ] Spammer

[ ] Wannabe

[ ] Asskisser

[ ] l337 d00d

[ ] Flamer

[ ] Whiner

[ ] Other:

etc etc

Have a nice day, now!

30411[/snapback]

Don't waste your time on Mr H, he is the reason American's don't "do" sarcasm. It just comes off sounding like bitter, pointless ranting. I'm sure if you met him he's (?) probably an OK guy/girl, some people just like to portray a "cool" online persona.

It was much funnier watching his posts on the CB MB, where people thought he was serious and got all wound up and upset.

Edited by Discordial

Dear:

[ ] Clueless Newbie

[ ] Loser

[ ] AOL-er

[ ] 12 year old

[x] Troll

[ ] Pervert

[ ] Geek

[ ] Spammer

[ ] Wannabe

[ ] Asskisser

[ ] l337 d00d

[ ] Flamer

[ ] Whiner

[ ] Other:

30411[/snapback]

Oh hay thanks for filling half a page with stupid bullshit nobody wants to read. Instead of, oh, I don't know, ignoring a post you don't like, you opted to respond with a half-assed attempt at internet humour that derails the whole thread. I bet you send a lot of 'LOL FUNNY JOKE OF THE DAY!!!!/CHECK OUT THIS HILARIOUS PICTURE ROFLCLOLOMFG" emails, don't you?

Spinning bindings are a stupid fad that's already passed, with some backwater companies still trying to cash in on people who are more interested in a fancy gimmick than a quality product. Skating isn't hard, and neither is riding a lift. If you honestly think these bindings are a good idea, feel free to waste $200 on them. I'll tell you "I told you so" when they break in two months due to horribly overcomplicated design, or when they just don't flat out work straight out of the box. Also, good luck finding replacement parts for when the lock strips out. I have enough problems with my bindings slipping 3/6/9 degrees after I air to flat, I can't imagine what would happen with these.

Like I said, spend $200 on a gimmick or spend $260 on quality bindings. I've had my current pair of bindings for 200+ days right now, and I'd be suprised if those bindings make it to 20.

Don't waste your time on Mr H, he is the reason American's don't "do" sarcasm.  It just comes off sounding like bitter, pointless ranting.  I'm sure if you met him he's (?) probably an OK guy/girl, some people just like to portray a "cool" online persona.

It was much funnier watching his posts on the CB MB, where people thought he was serious and got all wound up and upset.

30455[/snapback]

Very rarely am I sarcastic on the internet, for the reasons you already stated. Nor do I try to portray a "cool" image over the internet. The CBMB was fun because I could get wanna-be park rat morons to actually believe I'm some gaper who's a diehard jets fan. I could have posted more about these bindings (see above), but honestly I didn't think it was worth my time :/

Edited by DHarrisburg

Oh hay thanks for filling half a page with stupid bullshit nobody wants to read.  Instead of, oh, I don't know, ignoring a post you don't like, you opted to respond with a half-assed attempt at internet humour that derails the whole thread.  I bet you send a lot of 'LOL FUNNY JOKE OF THE DAY!!!!/CHECK OUT THIS HILARIOUS PICTURE ROFLCLOLOMFG" emails, don't you?

Spinning bindings are a stupid fad that's already passed, with some backwater companies still trying to cash in on people who are more interested in a fancy gimmick than a quality product.  Skating isn't hard, and neither is riding a lift.  If you honestly think these bindings are a good idea, feel free to waste $200 on them.  I'll tell you "I told you so" when they break in two months due to horribly overcomplicated design, or when they just don't flat out work straight out of the box.  Also, good luck finding replacement parts for when the lock strips out.  I have enough problems with my bindings slipping 3/6/9 degrees after I air to flat, I can't imagine what would happen with these.

Like I said, spend $200 on a gimmick or spend $260 on quality bindings.  I've had my current pair of bindings for 200+ days right now, and I'd be suprised if those bindings make it to 20.

30467[/snapback]

Thanks for clarifying your original post! That was much more useful to me then "dumbest shit..." I think that's all Glenn was saying.

the reason why i posted this topic was to show some other people because i thought they were ... different from what i have seen.i mean yea it isnt probly going to last long but it seems like something i would like to demo a board with those on it just to see whats its like for a few runs. and im sure they make replacement parts for it.

Oh hay thanks for filling half a page with stupid bullshit nobody wants to read.  Instead of, oh, I don't know, ignoring a post you don't like, you opted to respond with a half-assed attempt at internet humour that derails the whole thread.  I bet you send a lot of 'LOL FUNNY JOKE OF THE DAY!!!!/CHECK OUT THIS HILARIOUS PICTURE ROFLCLOLOMFG" emails, don't you?

30467[/snapback]

HOW DID U NO!!!!!!!!11. Do u want in on my email list, we have TONS of funny emailz lolzkkthnxbye. :rolleyes:

Posting "this sucks" does abosolutely nothing to add to the value of a thread. My post on the other hand did exactly what it was meant to do, it got you to post more information about what you were saying, thus adding to the value of the thread. If a few people got a laugh out of it (I know I did the first time I saw the form) then even better. We (the moderating staff) had been waiting a while to find something truely poor enough to warrant the use of it, so congradulations you win the prize!

To everyone else its Glenn not Glen.

BTW, thank you for the info you did provide, it was helpful, and provided some background info on the products HISTORY which up to this point has been a mystery.

HOW DID U NO!!!!!!!!11. Do u want in on my email list, we have TONS of funny emailz lolzkkthnxbye.  :rolleyes:

Posting "this sucks" does abosolutely nothing to add to the value of a thread. My post on the other hand did exactly what it was meant to do, it got you to post more information about what you were saying, thus adding to the value of the thread. If a few people got a laugh out of it (I know I did the first time I saw the form) then even better. We (the moderating staff) had been waiting a while to find something truely poor enough to warrant the use of it, so congradulations you win the prize!

30482[/snapback]

Sweet brah, I didn't hear you complain when all I posted in the Jeep thread was "those look pretty sweet, for a jeep." I guess it's ok when you like something, but if you don't explain every gripe with something you dislike you're immediately labeled a troll and subject to read a copy/paste from ebaumsworld. I thought most people on this forum were above silly, unoriginal attempts at being funny but apparently I was mislead. Mabye if I just started to tell people that they suck at the internet I'd fit in a little better. Or mabye I'll continue being honest when I like or dislike something. Nah, lemme just make some threads claiming my postcount and throw some smilies around :wiggle:wiggle:wiggle:wiggle:wiggle:woot:lol:lol