Hey bump skiers!!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Jay>Stowe>MRG or Sugarbush kind of thing.

Jay closed all their glades today and said something like "Well, it's a little fast and firm out there, so be careful..." And they are generally optimistic in their reports.  Stowe closed all the natural snow trails, and the woods there have been sketchy at best.  2 of the front four were open yesterday.  I suppose lift line will get groomed and open.  

So, yeah, they will have groomers and hard bumps, and they are calling for rain on Saturday, so we're gonna pass.

Jay>Stowe>MRG or Sugarbush kind of thing.

Jay closed all their glades today and said something like "Well, it's a little fast and firm out there, so be careful..." And they are generally optimistic in their reports.  Stowe closed all the natural snow trails, and the woods there have been sketchy at best.  2 of the front four were open yesterday.  I suppose lift line will get groomed and open.  

So, yeah, they will have groomers and hard bumps, and they are calling for rain on Saturday, so we're gonna pass.

There was hardly any natural snow at Stowe to begin with. You know you can fly southwest from Newark to Denver for like $119 each way. Might be an option if you want good snow.

There was hardly any natural snow at Stowe to begin with. You know you can fly southwest from Newark to Denver for like $119 each way. Might be an option if you want good snow.

yeah, might come to that.

Trembalnt also got 16" yesterday, but seems smarter to sped the 8 hours travel time in a plane rather than a car...

Yeah and I heard that blue was butt hurt when the event was called flying johnnys bump competition.

I actually only saw flying Johnny once last season at blue. I think he's mostly at bear creek since he lives in Barto.

Yeah, I heard much the same.

I've seen him 2-3 times this year.

I think he comes up more in the afternoons with his son.

I don't think Bear has any good bumps, so now that his son's a bit older, he comes up to Blue for the bumps. 

But more importantly, will the event be fun for my kid?  Will she just get one run down the bumps?  Lots of standing around?

I think the kids like it far more than the adults for obvious reasons.

If they run it the same as other years, it depends on how many kids are in her age group as they'll do duals and if she wins, she keeps moving up.

Again, depending on how many enter, so goes the standing around.

I might take up squash.  Totally weather independent.  And we have nice squash courts nearby.

Don't be bitter, it's been a bad year weather-wise all year.

It's the East, ski what you're given, make the most of it and have fun doing it!

After all, a day on the slopes is better than a day at work!

Edited by indiggio

So it's head to head racing....sounds kind of fun.  And as soon as you lose, you're done, which is a good thing...

I'll talk to her tonight.

Was thinking about heading up to elk, but looks like tunk is boilerplate and closed.  though Saturday might get warm enough to soften things up....

We'll see.....