Camp of Champions Summer 2006

Papasteeze

June7LayoutLegend0191.jpg

showcase.jpg

Some photos for a quick update for June 7. Sorry the update is so ghetto, Doug at NS is figuring out why nothing will upload right. Anyway.... Steve Petrie and Marty are building away even as we speak. We have the raw bones for a lot of the park roughed out. So far we have the bones for 8 tables in the small to BIG scale, 2 hips and 3 raised platforms for the 40 foot slider boxes. Our rails are getting flown up daily nad the welders are welding like mad. The pipe is roughed out as well it's going to be sick. So much snow... So many ideas... 8 Days to go. See you soon Ken

Edited by Papasteeze

So like $3000 for this camp..not my style..i would rather go to woodward for 3 weeks then to go to a ski camp for 1..anyway im probably going to get a free session to woodward next year for getting taped..so ill be there again next year.

PS:Papa..I think momentum is better the COC.It would definitly help nipples out more.They have a park them mogules.And mogules do help alot in park riding it gives you the "momentum" for everything.

PS:Papa..I think momentum is better the COC.It would definitly help nipples out more.They have a park them mogules.And mogules do help alot in park riding it gives you the "momentum" for everything.

Yeah - nothing wrong with mogul training. HN is recognized as the most progressive camp for skiers. COC is the largest camp with the most variety and extras included. To quote Dave Bishop at HN - he has some serious park envy right now. Plus I know the staff at COC real well. Steven has friends/staff at Momentum and High North and will probably be visiting both while out there to decide where he would like to go next year. There are epic conditions right now for the all of the summer camps at whistler. They all are good.

$3000, is it that much?

depends on a lot of factors, $3000 for 1 week is reasonable to budget.. if you are serious about camp, you can shop. Last year if you registered before October 1 you got a 20% discount at COC. I saved $800 on a 2 week camp!! THen plane fare, the non-stop flight from Newark NJ to Vancouver has ranged from $725 to yesterdays $430!! I gambled and waited till last minute to book. I would have paid about $500 - then you are going to need some spending money.....

There are a lot of cheaper camps available, you can stay with friends, you can live off of ketchup and crackers.

COC has a calculator that you can play with to figure your expenses

More updated pictures of Camp of champions

COCHeader.jpg

June_11_0005.jpg

Chck out the huge gap way in the background

June_11_0018.jpg

Cool pics Papasteeze.

The half pipe looks icy. How cold does it get up there this time of year? :confused

apparently u have never rode in a pipe, that doesnt look icy at all, if anything it looks slushy

Yea, never skied a half pipe. Just saying what I thought it looked like. I am not much a park goer.

Yea, never skied a half pipe. Just saying what I thought it looked like. I am not much a park goer.

yeah if it was icy you would see it glisten and shine, that looks like it might melt, not haha i wish i was there

All that stuff looks awesome for the camp. I wish I could go. One question though, it looks like its just a big open thing, are there any lifts or tows or are you hiking all week?

theirs a Tbar but most camps are to far away from it so they hike most the time CoC is right next to it so it's basicaly CoC's lift.

theirs a Tbar but most camps are to far away from it so they hike most the time CoC is right next to it so it's basicaly CoC's lift.

having a lift would make my decision of going to COC over any others pretty easy

having a lift would make my decision of going to COC over any others pretty easy

People mostly hike various features repeatedly to work on their skills and take the tow when they feel like a session or just want to get back up to the top.

COC is huge this year. They are at the mercy of the snow base and this year even seventh heaven lift is open for the first session peeps. COC is the largest of the camps, they got even more acreage this year. They have the most off mountain activities included, truck loads of swag, excellent accommidations, but they are also the most expensive. They got Steele Spence for a rock star coach this year. COC is not know for having big name coaches and it does not have much if any regimen to it. However, if you push yourself, there is nothing lacking.