JF 2/21

Mess

Arrived at JF around 8:30 and the parking lot was pretty full.  It was a race day and a boy scout day.  Dropped off my daughter for a Snow Monster lesson and took our first run down Snowflake to Easy Rider.  This is becoming one of my son's favorite trails because of the tree skiing and area called Spunky's secret.  The snow in the trees was icy but snow on trail was pretty nice cord.  Next run was Jane's Lane.  I was amazed how narrow the trail with all of the snow that they lost. Next run was Lehigh.  Very icy in a few spots especially on skiers right about 200 yards from the headwall.  It looked like a pond that you could ice skate on.

I had a great time but it turned into a shit show with people running into each other and generally skiing out of control on trails that were above their ability.  I saw one guy that ran off the trail on Janes lane, ski's pooped off and he looked like he hit a big rock.  I told the lift operator to send ski patrol.  Ski patrol was working overtime.

We headed over to Demise and exhibition.  The snow was starting to soften up a bit and the snow on Demise was like mashed potato until you got to the lower section and it was a sheet of ice.  We took one run on Thunder but it was  pretty icy as well.  Was going to take my son to East Mountain because has been really skiing well this year but didn't want to put him in a bad spot if it was icy.

Picked up my daughter at 12:45.  Got to see her ski down Snowflake.  She would straight-line to the next instructor who would catch her.  I Asked her if she had fun and she said, " I loved it".  My wife and I took turns helping her down powder puff. Then my son and I took one more run down Easy rider.  I felt bad because my son skied out of the trees and scared a teenage girl and made her fall.

Overall a great family day.  We saw a ton of yard sales, 3 or 4 collisions,  2 people run off the trail into trees and 1 kid fall into a straddle split.  Left at 1:15 and went to Whitehaven Diner.

Hope they make some snow soon.  Not sure how long their base will last and I still have 3 more Vouchers