Locks Getting Cut!?

xkinkrider03x

Maintenance or security or someone makes clean sweeps of locks being left there. i had moved my lock cuz security said i couldnt have it on the handicap ramp and moved it to the loft window rack..and it was cut. ALL LOCKS WERE CUT..do you see any fucking signs??!?!!? no i dont think so.. What is this.. i had a Crazy expensive lock..it was a hardened steel CHAIN and a brass lock. its expensive.and they go and cut locks?!?! Why would they do that?One night they made a clean sweep cuz all my friends' locks were gone also. what the hell is this?!?! Im pissed off. Why?!!?! they should atleast have a sign " DO NOT LEAVE LOCKS" but no they dont. Anyone else have this happen?

happened to me last year also..on my 3rd lock. Next time maybe cb should pay for it. Fuckin assholes

They cut them during the f*ing day! Last season, during a midweek day, I had just unlocked my skis and reattached my lock to the ancient red lock stands when some guy walks up to it with bolt cutters.

The fucking guy was about to cut the lock I'd just spent 25 bucks for in the goddamn shop that was about 15 feet away.

Imagine how unpleasant that conversation quickly became!

i have one of those retractible ones too. sounds like some people carry bicycle locks or other larger locks though. either way anything in ur pocket hurts if u fall onto a rail with it, and depeneding on the fall it could hurt falling almost anywhere. so i see why people want to leave them behind. they are gonna cut em if u lock it to the locker systems, thats a given. simple solution to this problem is. take an empty book bag with you. lock ur bookbag to the rack with the lock (not the locker systems though!). now they can't cut it cause it is technically locking your "gear". this also saves you a spot to put ur stuff. especially if u get there early, u can use ur bag to claim a nice spot where ur board/skiis are safe, and u don't have to carry ur lock (also serves as a cooler if u toss some beverages in the bag, although lately it has been too cold to do that). so try that out. i do it on occasion and it works well, nobody cuts it and as long as u lock the zippers shut u are safe from theft if there is stuff in the bag. later!

yeah its on theyre property. but show me where it states that my lock cant be there overnight?

I had called guest services and security. They both said this shouldnt be done and they think it is maintenance. Theyre not supposed to do this

They dont have the permission. and besides. it doesnt give the right to an employee to cut locks.

oh and yeah. those retractable locks are peices of crap. if you twist them they break. its the worst lock to have.

Edited by xkinkrider03x

not the greatest locks i agree. but it detirs people from stealing ur crap. they would much rather just pick up a board and walk away. not that its a lot of effort to break a lock like that, but it draws attenting to the theif, so they would prolly just skip over your board and grab an unlocked one. well unless you pissed someone off and they are just trying to get back at you. anyway, im fine with mine.