Got my new boots...

Timeless

Got my new snowboard boots yesterday, Ride "Amp" , from The Loft in their "50% off last years models" sale, $110. Can't wait to try them out now, my wife thinks I'm wierd for wearing them around the house, My daughter understands....

When will something be open again? :woot

For reference to everyone else looking for boots, now that both my daughter and I have been to both the loft (this time) and Starting Gate (last time) I would say this:

The people at the Loft were very helpful, but didn't really seem so keen to try different boot shapes or have much advice as to what would fit, or the advantages / features of different type of boots. They had a standard fix for not quite fitting properly (heel ramps).

The Starting Gate was a much more "personalised" experience, you really felt they wanted to find the right boot for you in your price range. They also had more "tricks" for tailoring the fit of the boot.

However, I'm really pleased with my new boots especially for that price... :D

I finally bought some new bindings today (Burton Cartels) and they're fun.

You actually paid for them?

They have the cap-straps don't they, I'd be interested to hear how you rate that.

New stuff is always fun, when do you think you will get to try them, I hear everything over there is opening.

Got my new snowboard boots yesterday, Ride "Amp" , from The Loft in their "50% off last years models" sale, $110. Can't wait to try them out now, my wife thinks I'm wierd for wearing them around the house, My daughter understands....

When will something be open again? :woot

For reference to everyone else looking for boots, now that both my daughter and I have been to both the loft (this time) and Starting Gate (last time) I would say this:

The people at the Loft were very helpful, but didn't really seem so keen to try different boot shapes or have much advice as to what would fit, or the advantages / features of different type of boots. They had a standard fix for not quite fitting properly (heel ramps).

The Starting Gate was a much more "personalised" experience, you really felt they wanted to find the right boot for you in your price range. They also had more "tricks" for tailoring the fit of the boot.

However, I'm really pleased with my new boots especially for that price... :D

Never had an experience at the loft where I felt like the people were very helpful...Mike N Matts has the most helpful staff in the Poconos IMO.

You actually paid for them?

They have the cap-straps don't they, I'd be interested to hear how you rate that.

New stuff is always fun, when do you think you will get to try them, I hear everything over there is opening.

I was riding some Rome 390 samples but was having trouble with the rachets so I figured I'd just get a new set. I rode the Mission Greeds for two seasons (first gen. Burton capstrap binders) and I like them. I paid $180 but I would have gladly paid retail ($225 including CA tax if I remember correctly). Burton makes awesome bindings and I never have a problem paying for a quality product.

When it comes to the capstraps, I like them. I've been riding this year's straps for a few months now (had update straps on my old bindings) and I think they're the best straps I've rode. I'm glad Burton finally decided to make some multi-material straps, rather than go with just leather (all the leather straps I've had ripped out after two or three months). Not much has changed to the Mission design, other than the updated highbacks (material was removed to make the bindings lighter). Rode them today for a few hours and they work perfectly with my Burton Sabbaths from last season, and I'm sure they'd work find with any boot after a little strap adjustment. Highly recommended.

If you've got extra money to spend and you like a stiffer binding, look at the C60s. I know a few kids who ride them and they're pretty popular. Super-light and stiff, but a little harsh on the wallet.

Edit: Also, I went with the stock Mission Cartels, not the limited edition ones. Honestly, all you're paying for is a heelcup that is more hassle than worth and an argyle design on the highback. I guess if you're really into having the most expensive and newest gear it'd make sense to buy them, but the stock Cartels will do everything the limited ones will, but cheaper.

Edited by DHarrisburg

The Loft had some good deals on last years stuff. I got my new set up for the about retail price of the board. :rock

custom x @ $250 + super cfxs @ 115 (105 base bindings + 10 cap straps + 0 superstraps) = $365

custom x retail $650

cfx retail $240

capstrap retail $20

superstrap retail $40

adrian <3s sales, haha.

custom x @ $250 + super cfxs @ 115 (105 base bindings + 10 cap straps + 0 superstraps) = $365

custom x retail $650

cfx retail $240

capstrap retail $20

superstrap retail $40

adrian <3s sales, haha.

Did you get that online or at a shop? You proboby told me but I forget.