Snowboard Bindings

stevePSSC

Have you felt the straps on the 06 cartels? They are padded to the max.

I own them. The straps are soft, not overstuffed to the point of not being soft. Agency makes solid bindings and was my second choice behind the Cartels. I picked the Cartels based on the fact that they are designed in conjunction with Burton boots (which I own) and my last pair of Mission Greeds lasted me two years and probably would have lasted another two provided they didn't get stolen.

Plus the straps are awesome and Danny needs to look at a color wheel :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own them. The straps are soft, not overstuffed to the point of not being soft. Agency makes solid bindings and was my second choice behind the Cartels. I picked the Cartels based on the fact that they are designed in conjunction with Burton boots (which I own) and my last pair of Mission Greeds lasted me two years and probably would have lasted another two provided they didn't get stolen.

Plus the straps are awesome and Danny needs to look at a color wheel :)

Yeah ive heard nothing but great things about the tro'its and ive owned 2 pair of burton bindings so i thought it was time for a change.. the colors are a bit odd but then again it is danny kass. My board is green also so it should look to bad. Jeenyus rental!

nidecker has some amazing things going on with their bidings, the best on the market in my opinion. the pro 800s are a great binding for around $220 and if you're looking to spend around the 200 price range its definetely worth the extra $20. they have nice soft highbacks for park but are still quite stiff enough to be very responsive. the toe strap is changable from a cap to a regular strap.

and burton didnt come out with the cap strap, it was actually technines idea but burton bought the idea out of them because they're so rich.

i've also heard a lot of good things about the solomans although i dont know too much about them and ive never ridden them

nideckers whole binding lineup is definetely worth checking out, www.nidecker.com

I switched to Nidecker after riding Burton Custom Bindings that were totally crap. With the Burton Custom, the strap screws kept coming loose and the straps actually fell off while riding. I broke the straps at least 2 times and the high back lock kept breaking. After taking them back to the dealer for repair several times, Burton said it was a design defect replaced some things but problems kept up. So I bought Nidecker and have been with them since with no problems.

Nidecker is not as popular of a brand name but they make great stuff and worth a look.

As for riding Burton again, I was disappointed by their technical support and time getting parts for my bindings. They admitted to a design deficiency and offered no replacement just repairs that continued to break until the season ran out. I am sure they have fixed their problem a couple seasons ago but I doubt I'll go back to Burton because of their leave you high and dry attitude in the support department.

oh yeah i forgot to add in my post before

another reason why im not a fan of burton bindings is i rode the customs last year and they broke, about halfway through the season and it was my first season using them

2 people with problems with Burton Customs.

at this point either way you go you're set, both are awesome bindings, in our shop we've sold out of both formula's and cartels already. I put the formula's on my park board and they rode great at opening weekend at killington. But i have a bunch of friends that ride cartels and love them too. Good choice either way.

as a side note, the reason i went with the formula's was personal preference on the fact that i like a shorter highback on my park board. THe high-back on the cartels is way tall. it's all just preference

Edited by RomeOp

Jeenyus rental!

Good choice, I rode one for the majority of last season and loved it. I'll probably end up picking up another one in a month or two.

whatever you do DONT buy Forum Destroyer bindings. the toe strap padding rips off so easy and they arent really all that responsive

What do you expect from a $130 binding?

customs broke, about halfway through the season and it was my first season using them

What broke on them? How many days on hill?

customs suck nidecker is awesome

Customs are one of Burton's cheapest bindings. I don't see how screws coming loose is Burton's fault, and any Coalition shop will replace most broken Burton parts for free. Burton has the best warranty department I've ever dealt with. I'm not a big fan of their board durability, but their bindings are pretty top notch. Mabye next time drop some more money and you'll get better results.

Customs are one of Burton's cheapest bindings. I don't see how screws coming loose is Burton's fault, and any Coalition shop will replace most broken Burton parts for free. Burton has the best warranty department I've ever dealt with. I'm not a big fan of their board durability, but their bindings are pretty top notch. Mabye next time drop some more money and you'll get better results.

The screws that held the straps on came loose even after tightening in the morning before riding and even adding lock-tite to the screws. The Burton dealer would replace stuff for free but would have to wait for parts to come in and a lot of times they were out of stock on certain items and subbed non matching parts. The straps also broke after only a few days on the hill. The bindings seemed to be in the shop more than on the mountain. Besides being a pain in the ass and being let down almost every trip to the mountain I decided to spend more money and I went with Nidecker and been happy with them since the switch.

Bindings should not fail that much at any cost. I don't think Burton bindings are top notch and there are other brands that are better than the popular Burton.

I like Burton clothing but will not ride their equipment in the foreseeable future. Ride what you want but there are better choices out there and other options besides Burton.

i would stick to burton and ride bindings. romes set looks very promising, and they are adding burton compatibility next season.

your pick is solid for two reasons: ride and k2 are one body and you were satisfied with drakes! haha

if you want to get drakes, just get some unions. same molds stepped up to the nth level.

Edited by skitzo

rome 390's or rome targa's are both very nice bindings. i have the 390's and they are such a huge step up from drake f60's that ive been riding for several years. i always liked drake but noticed by mid season my feet would be hurting worse and worse each day. the romes ergonomical upper strap and comfomist toe strap have eliminated that.

im very impressed with the quality of romes freshman effort. great reviews from my friends who tested last year. the only issue i believe was a preproduction buckle issue, which has since been fixed. i was looking for carbon bindings and was actually considering retrofitting the non compatible targas.

great reviews from my friends who tested last year. the only issue i believe was a preproduction buckle issue, which has since been fixed.

Good God I had a sample of the 390s and you have no idea how shitty the buckles were. There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to get out of your bindings.

But it was fixed and the 390s are pretty awesome now.

Good God I had a sample of the 390s and you have no idea how shitty the buckles were. There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to get out of your bindings.

But it was fixed and the 390s are pretty awesome now.

i rlike rome's quality at such a value price. i was close to getting an anthem last year, and if i did, id probably be riding targas this season too.

Rome had some of us from the shop head up to sugarbush last april to demo their 06 prod. DH, from what they told me they were having issues with all of the straps and buckles and it is fixed. I rode the targas and they rode great and were way comfy. The bummer was the proto's had carbon in the high back and they canned it for the production bindings. All in all they are a well made binding that rides really well

Rome had some of us from the shop head up to sugarbush last april to demo their 06 prod. DH, from what they told me they were having issues with all of the straps and buckles and it is fixed. I rode the targas and they rode great and were way comfy. The bummer was the proto's had carbon in the high back and they canned it for the production bindings. All in all they are a well made binding that rides really well

the strip of carbon was just that, a strip. virtually no loss at all. im sure production models ride just as exceptionally.

rome has had production problems with reference stance marking, but maybe thats for another topic.

i guess what my point is that they made it look a little cooler, for lack or a better work, for buyers and shop employees, then were a little dissapointed when the arrived in shops

i definitely agree. the binding mold was really designed to have a little strip of carbon there, and it did add a little flash. whats worse is that it was too late to redesign the molds, and the empty spine is left there instead of a new design that didnt accentuate the missing strip. luckily, youd have to have seen the carbon highbacks for the production highbacks to look that naked.

bah, all this talk about highback design, haha! they ride solid, period.