Tonight Is The Night!

ThinkSnow

Ahh it was a good night... Conditions were good, weather was great, crowds were almost non existent!

Yeah I met Skimom, and she saw me get my big red O on my ticket by the ranger.

Here is that story, actually a decent encounter with a ranger doing his job.

I was shooting down the left side of cliffhanger, when some dood zig zaggin the trail shoots eraticly into my line and I tried to avoid him and bail, but in the process I clipped the tails of his skis, sending him boucing of some piles (pretty funny looking once I knew he was ok). All this in full view of 2 rangers.

So a ranger stops next to me and asks if we're ok, and asks me if I hit him, and I told him I probably clipped his tails, so he asked me to talk to him at the bottom of the headwall.

So, when I got down there he introduced himself and told me he was a ranger blah blah blah and I said I know, so he went thru the whole thing that I was uphill and I should've been able to stop and whatnot.. Now, I understand all that, but it just sucks, sometimes you just can't.

So, I got a warning, but the ranger was actually real cool, never mean or condescending or anything.

haha ski999, doesnt this sound familiar? :lol:

if they dont know how to ski, and by ski i mean control themselves, and skiing within their "line" on a crappy double dimamond, then for gods sake, its there fault!

Look at this pic from alta (ill be there next weekend) LOOK AT HOW CLOSE THE SKIIERS COME, but never hit! why? because they are skiing a line. If you cannot stay within a consistant line, then get on an easier trail. No knowledgeable skiier, as they know how it feels to have someone slower, weaving irratically, would ever do that to someome uphill.

04-09-01.jpg

good job greg!

Greg also forgot to mention how he yardsaled in rodo...Im like NO GREG YOU CAN"T GO IN THE PARK..but did he listen? nope...he just wnet up and landed on his ass off of the first jump :clap

greg has the worst luck in the terrain park.....yea he told me about that fall.....yea i laughed pretty hard at his fall until he said he couldnt move his shoulder.... :P

AAAARRRGGGGHHHH! Put your little red O making markers back in your pants next to your little red di*ks!!!!

So a couple of people are ripping down a double-black and there's a little contact? Jesus Fing Cripes!

I was doing some wide-sweeping tuck turns down the right side of the race course slope during warm-ups yeserday and almost put some poor guy (another racer) into the woods. We rode the lift together and I said, "Sorry, man, didn't mean to almost put you into the woods." He said, "No problem; my bad."

Maybe we needed a CB ranger dickhead there to confiscate our tickets and keep world peace and make the universe more liveable.

Jerks.