DC Judges and Flow Bindings?

mattm

This board is the only place i've found that people have had problems with that combination, and i'm about to buy the pair, so. . . does anyone here have any experience or directly know anyone who either

1. has both and they work

or

2. has both and they don't work?

Thanks~

I'm not gonna bash DCs cause i have never actually hit a trail with a pair. However, in the store they have always seemed to be TOO stiff. Know i now a good stiff boot is what some people want, but they seem to go overboard. In addition friends of mine always say they don't stand the test of time.

Now as for Flow bindings... don't even waste your money. If you are so lazy that you can't fasten two freaking straps stay home.

I'm not gonna bash DCs cause i have never actually hit a trail with a pair. However, in the store they have always seemed to be TOO stiff. Know i now a good stiff boot is what some people want, but they seem to go overboard. In addition friends of mine always say they don't stand the test of time.

Now as for Flow bindings... don't even waste your money. If you are so lazy that you can't fasten two freaking straps stay home.

There is a pair sitting in the box in my garage, from what I've read I should stick with my 4 year old customs?

Err, I thought the concept was to create contact across your whole foot as opposed to two straps. Thats what strap bindings try to do with wider straps. It's a comfort issue. The ease of strap in/out is just a bonus. I've never used a pair, but the concept seems resonable.

Err, I thought the concept was to create contact across your whole foot as opposed to two straps. Thats what strap bindings try to do with wider straps. It's a comfort issue. The ease of strap in/out is just a bonus. I've never used a pair, but the concept seems resonable.

Find me one owner of flow bindings who bought them for that reason though. I know a few people and they all say they just bought them so they could strap in on the fly. Then they get pissed off when i do it with my Burton Customs. Strapping in on the fly is do-able if your good.

Plus the flow bindigs weigh like a millione pounds, and that is before that huge strap gaters all the powder on the mtn.

I'm sorry, they are junk.

Find me one owner of flow bindings who bought them for that reason though.

The only people I know that are interested in them are interested for that reason. I don't know anyone who owns a pair or I would have tried them myself by now. It doesn't take much for me to lose circulation in my feet so the better distributed the pressure is the better.

i have flows on my board..and im not very impressed with them i mean i can care less about the weight cause i cant really even tell unless im carrying my board but ice gets down in the disk thingys when u put in the screws and on the back thingy where u pop the back peice into the back plate...so i always had to use a skiiers pole to get some ice out.If i were u i would go with other bindings but flows arnt really to bad and u dont need to put the bar down on the lifts either u can just pop ur foot in lean over and push then back up.

Well, it looks like not a single person here has an actual answer to my question, but thanks for the random, generally unrelated comments and anti-dc and anti-flow comments. I'm on ski patrol and ride a small and will be getting either flows or K2 cinches because it's not worth it to spend more time strapping in than riding. The boas have problems, but in general I think they're going to work. I don't need to buy used bindings or boots.

The question was really easy.

does anyone here HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH or KNOW anyone who HAS EXPERIENCE WITH using BOTH flow binding AND dc judge boots?

I don't care one bit about your mostly unfounded opinions that "DUDE STRAPS ARE THE ONLY WAY TO BE COOL". One of the worst things in snowboarding is the fact that people don't comment on equipment they've actually used, or if they've used it, it's been a shitty set of rental gear (which is ALWAYS crappy, step in or otherwise) and yet they speak as if they know all about it because they've read on a website or the idea just seems untraditional.

Read reviews from people who use flow bindings. Almost everyone i've talked to or read from that uses them loves them. Same with clickers, which I have ridden for about 7 years. Everyone that's never used them swears that they are horrible and suck. Get a high end pair and a good pair of boots and they give excellent support and they're easy to use. Opinions from people who are ignorantly spouting unfounded accusations about a product they've never used, or only used a shit rental pair, are entirely worthless.

But please, if you've ever used a half decent pair of flows, and the judges, let me know if the boot fits well in the binding, since I can't find a store that sells both, and I don't have a pair of either so I can't check it out myself.

Thanks!

as i said i have flows for sale. i am not selling them because i dont like them. they are great for all mountain and on the groomers but they are a bit heavy for park riding. they are very quick to get in and out of. if they were lighter i would probly keep mine. i have friend with the cinches and they do not like them. they broke on them and the wire has broken on some pairs and streched and worn out on others.

Read reviews from people who use flow bindings. Almost everyone i've talked to or read from that uses them loves them. Same with clickers

No pros rock clickers...Why? Because they simply do not preform as well as strap bindings. Also if it takes you an enormas amout of time to strap in then i dont know. I know i can strap in, in about 5 or so seconds.

Well, it looks like not a single person here has an actual answer to my question, but thanks for the random, generally unrelated comments and anti-dc and anti-flow comments. I'm on ski patrol and ride a small and will be getting either flows or K2 cinches because it's not worth it to spend more time strapping in than riding. The boas have problems, but in general I think they're going to work. I don't need to buy used bindings or boots.

The question was really easy.

does anyone here HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH or KNOW anyone who HAS EXPERIENCE WITH using BOTH flow binding AND dc judge boots?

I don't care one bit about your mostly unfounded opinions that "DUDE STRAPS ARE THE ONLY WAY TO BE COOL". One of the worst things in snowboarding is the fact that people don't comment on equipment they've actually used, or if they've used it, it's been a shitty set of rental gear (which is ALWAYS crappy, step in or otherwise) and yet they speak as if they know all about it because they've read on a website or the idea just seems untraditional.

Read reviews from people who use flow bindings. Almost everyone i've talked to or read from that uses them loves them. Same with clickers, which I have ridden for about 7 years. Everyone that's never used them swears that they are horrible and suck. Get a high end pair and a good pair of boots and they give excellent support and they're easy to use. Opinions from people who are ignorantly spouting unfounded accusations about a product they've never used, or only used a shit rental pair, are entirely worthless.

But please, if you've ever used a half decent pair of flows, and the judges, let me know if the boot fits well in the binding, since I can't find a store that sells both, and I don't have a pair of either so I can't check it out myself.

Thanks!

Not to be a dick, but you asked for an opinion on a message board and you got it. Sorry i didnt answer your question exactly. You seem to have already made your decision on buying them anyway so why did you even ask?

I think they are junk you obviously don't we can agree to disagree. I have to agree with the above post though. If they are so great then why don't you see any pros making use of them.

I also see glenn's point on dispacing the preasure across your entire foot, and if in his situation where it sounds like he suffers from straps cutting off circulation then i think they are a good choice for him. However, i otherwise see no point in them.

And Clickers. i'd get them and a good stiff boot before getting a pair of flows. It seems to me that (besides glenns issue with circulation) the only reason to get flow bindings is for quick strap in. So why add the added weight of all that binding if you just want to get into your binding faster? Seems like a waste. And i DO know plenty of people who have step ins, and high end ones and love them. and like i said i DO know people who have/had experiences with a number of flow models and various boots.

So next time you ask advice in a message board try not to insult everyone who gives it to you. especially if you don't seem to even care about the advice and have already made your decision anyway.

I've used DC boots with BOA and they suck.

I haven't used Flow bindings because they suck.

If you honestly think that step-in bindings are even remotely close to being comparable to strap-in bindings you are a complete gaper and I hope you enjoy sacrificing turning ability so that you can strap in faster.

Strapping in takes all of 10 seconds. If you have a problem with that, perhaps you should try skiing.

To whoever said about flow bindings,stay home if your to lazy to strap in. Those are my favorite bindings, because All of my boarder friends have them and there are no waits for them to strap. I hate waiting for people to strap in so Flows are good for that. I dont no anything about them other then they are fast to get into but thats what i like about them.

To whoever said about flow bindings,stay home if your to lazy to strap in. Those are my favorite bindings, because All of my boarder friends have them and there are no waits for them to strap. I hate waiting for people to strap in so Flows are good for that. I dont no anything about them other then they are fast to get into but thats what i like about them.

Then don't wait, lol. Us snowboarders will catch up... we always do ;). Just messing around.

Thanks for the backup dharrisburg (ill use ur screen name since i'm sure nobody knows your real name). I think they are all a waste of money. I just think if your looking to buy something that makes strapping in take 5 seconds as apposed to 10 seconds get step ins and avoid the added weight. In addition at least with step ins you don't have to bend over at all.