going to vt

chrisjur

I'll also be up in VT that long weekend.  Mixing it up between K, Stratton and P-Okemo-N.

haha good one! :P

yea, what lodges in your opinion are the best to use at each mtn? Im always at a loss as i seem to pick the wrong dam lodge! Ill be at Killington friday and okemo saturday

Well, at Okemo, it's always been the Base Lodge, but this year the new Jackson Gore lodge is open, so you have two options. The lift off of Jackson Gore only services that side of the mountain, but in one or two runs you can be back in the heart of Okemo mountain. I haven't parked at Jackson Gore, so I have no idea what it's like over there.

At Killington, I am always there early and tend to park at Ram's heads. From that lot, you can easily start at Rams Head Mountain, or walk under the tunnel to the Snowshed area. Same thing on the way back, you can easily get back to your car from either Snowshed or Rams Heads, which give you options depending on what side of the resort you wind up on later in the day. I don't spend much time in the lodges there, though, although Rams Head is the nicest while Killington has some good food and beer.

Our plans are to be at Stratton on Friday, then either Killington and Okemo on Sat and not sure about sunday yet. Although, it does also depend on how the conditions are looking.

I'm usually at Killington serveral times a year, but haven't been there since the massive Nor'easter dropped 50 inches in December...boy what a weekend! (pics here: http://cjuphotos.com/imageview.cgi?archive...INGTON_DEC_2003 )

Problem with rams head it it is like 10 trails just like raceway with slow signs all around and nothing else.  Tho can can get some nice speed going and lay a few nice arcs down when there  are no "gates" We have mostly always parked by the K1.

i've parked at K1/Killington main lodge, and its always been busy....maybe ill try rams head