No Respect in the Park

stevePSSC

eh idk about the whole line idea.. but everyone sitting taking turns is a good thing.. you just make your way to the front communicate with others and call DROP and have fun watch eachother.. never sit there and just laugh and make fun of the kids who might not be as good as you.. i hate when people yell and discourage others.. i mean maybe the kids good and just trying a new trick? and who cares if he sucks we all sucked at one point so give everyone a chance.. am i right?

That is where you are WRONG!! To safely clear the table at CB,

you just make your way to the front communicate with others and call DROP
The front of the line should be at the point where you need the speed to clear the feature. When the in run is clogged halfway down with inexperienced riders , then they should yield to the uphill rider.

You are right about discouragement and disrepspect. That is the whole point. I had riders, just flat out ignoring me as I was telling them to "hold up" so that the kids 150' above them could drop in with out being cut-off.

Basics..... Look up before starting down.

Edited by Papasteeze

on the home page doesn't it say " where pa comes together"? there are always going to be pricks in any park. i was at CB on saturday and had some 30 year old guy cut in front of me on the battle ship. he was obviously new to skieing. he went of the lip like a jump and i boardslide the rail. all the while i was yelling move, get out of the way, etc. i confronted him afterwards and said how dangerous it is. he understood that. i was not rude or cursing at him trying to fight. maybe when i was younger but now i just want to enjoy a day in the park and have as much fun as possible. i try to educate people on park ettiquete. weather they choose to listen or not is up to them. i think we should all just try to make parks safer so we can all go bigger and have a better time

I didn't see a lot of disrespect at Blue on Sunday, but I do know what Doug is talking about with everyone jsut sitting on their a$$es doing nothing..However, I agree with everyone about the one's who sit there and discourage other people after they take the hit and don't stomp it..I find that it's always the younger age group that disrepect people, talk shit, and act like their the sh!t..Nothing against teenagers, but that's just what it is..Immaturity is a factor of life, we've all been there at some point..It just seems like the punks are their just to be a-holes..shut the hell up and ride, it's what everyone is there for.. :rock

Edited by Justin aka NJ_wakeNsnow

Here is what some people were saying about lucker, brad, jesie, ridge, glen, me and alot more. they were saying that is was redickous to start were we were starting. plus all the noobs were starting like 100 feet away from the jump and getting 5 feet of air on a 30 foot tabel. obcorse you have to start like another 500 feet higher to clear it. So what is it unrealsomble clear a jump. You now what is unrealsomeble is starting from from a point where you get 5 feet of air. well if it is a beginer park than why do you buld a 30 foot jump and exsect people not to clear it. If it was a true beginer park ou would have jumps for the noobs.

i'm not trying to be a hater im only doing it for their safty.

What he said, was that we were told that it was ridiculous to be starting that high up to get the speed to clear the table in a beginner park. HUH?

I really think the jump was built so that it couldn't logically be cleared, that it is safer with everyone landing on the table.

I didn't see a lot of disrespect at Blue on Sunday, but I do know what Doug is talking about with everyone jsut sitting on their a$$es doing nothing..

Just the basics... move out of the center of the trail. simple basics would solve this problem.

i was clearing that table... just took alot of speed but once i started spinning on it i kept landing on the bump right before the actual landing.. i couldnt figure out why i kept bouncing a little and sliding out.. then i realized i wasnt clearing that bump haha but it was fun throwin 3s over it

i was clearing that table... just took alot of speed but once i started spinning on it i kept landing on the bump right before the actual landing.. i couldnt figure out why i kept bouncing a little and sliding out.. then i realized i wasnt clearing that bump haha but it was fun throwin 3s over it

well then, did you see me on Sunday get into "it" with a ranger and the <cough> park guy?

well then, did you see me on Sunday get into "it" with a ranger and the <cough> park guy?

I ran into the same problem at Blue on Sat. I don't try to act like I'm a pro but I would like to progress as much as possible. When people are going up to rails/boxes without any speed I have no respct for them and will cut them off.

sadly i hit the light box like that on fridaynight. but i did lose my speed to ask the people maybe 30' up from me if i was gonna cut anybody off.

I totally agree with everyone here. We all come to the park to have fun and advance our skiing and riding. I don't know about anyone else, but I dont need some punk 12 year old telling me I suck, im trying to learn. As for the noobs cutting us off, I don't know what to do about that, but as an instructer if I see it, I will pull them aside and tell them that they could get seriously hurt, or even hurt someone else. It may not be my place as a ski instructer but I just dont want it to happen to me or any one else.

I totally agree with everyone here. We all come to the park to have fun and advance our skiing and riding. I don't know about anyone else, but I dont need some punk 12 year old telling me I suck, im trying to learn. As for the noobs cutting us off, I don't know what to do about that, but as an instructer if I see it, I will pull them aside and tell them that they could get seriously hurt, or even hurt someone else. It may not be my place as a ski instructer but I just dont want it to happen to me or any one else.

Help us keep an eye on those 30 foot tables they built. Here is a pic right from there own website:

Ironically - even on the daily CB pics - you can see others (Ovals) holding the in-run to the last jump with poles stretched out, you can even see one skier "eyeing" up a rider heading his way. (I was told that I am not allowed to hold jumps with outstretched poles for safety reasons) HUH? The large X at the halfpipe is the minimum distance needed to safely clear the last jump at the X behind the 2 guys holding the slope.

ilbmyp.jpg

actually thats not a skier in the gray.. thats me hahaha and the kid to my right in the oval is my little brother and we actually just stopped after hitting the first jump and waiting for my brother then heading to the rainbow and then to the flat down.. i never hit that last jump haha

just thought id clear that up

Skiing or riding a terrain park with that many people doesn't look like any fun at all. Night skiing or early AMs at Blues park is empty.

I have to agree. I think there wouldn't be such an issue, but the park simply was not designed for that amount of people. I have no problems midweek when no one is there. You drop 200 people into the park at the same time, with no drops ins, and it gets ugly. People sitting/standing everywhere. Features are staggerd, it follows the people sitting/standing are staggerd. It's just a huge mess. From what I hear the park crew designs the park, sets it up, then management rolls through and tells them how to fix it. Maybe the park crew should just have more realistic designs. Smaller features, and force options, either jump or hit the jib, not both. Oh, well, on the weedays I can make full runs in the park without even seeing anyone else :)

if somebody cuts me off i just go cuz its there fault if they get fucked up...i see the stupidest people at blue... like yesterday this dueche bag was yelling at this guy for hitting the wallride one side and landing on the other side of the wallride, some people have no concept of a what wallride is....

I didnt have much of a problem hitting stuff, I hit the flat box, flowed right on to the battle ship, then flew off that and hit that jump. waited for my friends and either hit the rainbow or flat down box, I only got cut off like twice coming from the flat box to the battleship

Edited by LineSki