Night skiing opening Saturday night, not friday!!!!!

skidude

Camelback management has decided to postpone night skiing until Saturday December 17th, due to the poor weather predicted for Friday December 16.

The snowstorm that is predicted is not going to be like the storm we had on opening day. The snow will be wet, heavy, and mixed with freezing rain and sleet. The temperature is predicted to be around 30 degrees, which is much higher than last week.

We want to open for the weekend with the best possible conditions and leaving one more night for snowmaking will help to keep the Terrain Park, Halfpipe, and the rest of the mountain in better shape. We also want to be able to give our guests the best experience possible, which is another reason we want to wait until this miserable weather passes.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Our goal is to provide you with the best skiing and riding experience possible.

I now am upset. I've been sitting here trying to get everyone together for night skiing/riding friday night, and CB just decides to up and sh*t on that idea. WHAT ARE THEY DOING???? Oh well, I'll still be there around noon on friday, hopefully everyone won't have school and they'll want to join me. Let me know. Peace

Oh yeah... happy birthday burtongirl...

I am glad I read that post on PASR about pushing night skiing to Saturday night, because Camelback did not up date their condition page yet as of 9:45 a.m. Thursday about it. Was making plans to go up Friday, but now will just push it until Saturday. The only post about it was on their main page and did not see anything on their message board.

http://www.skicamelback.com/?nav=content_conditions

Camelback is open daily 8am to 5pm!

We are skiing and riding on 18 trails including the halfpipe and the Laurel Glade Terrain Park; 5 lifts in operation including a high-speed quad lift. The snowtubing park is weekends, 9am to 9pm with all chutes and tows in operation; snowtubing will reopen on Saturday, December 17th. Camelback will begin night skiing operations on Friday, December 16th. Camelback will continue to make snow as temperatures permit. For more information check out our Conditions Page at skicamelback.com or call our snow phone at 1-800-233-8100