CLOSED!?!?!?!?!?

pyro_boarder

I left CB at lunch time today, conditions were pretty good on the "new trails" (raceway, nile etc) but some of the icy patches, especially on the green runs were appalling (I have never fallen on honeymoon lane before, very embarrassing and a very bruised thumb).

I don't care about the freezing rain last week, or even that they closed on friday so that they "could deal with it", but 2 inches of crushed ice over hard frozen cat tracks is not acceptable. I imagine this afternoon was not a good time to be at CB, even if the lift lines were short.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about the freezing rain last week, or even that they closed on friday so that they "could deal with it", but 2 inches of crushed ice over hard frozen cat tracks is not acceptable. I imagine this afternoon was not a good time to be at CB, even if the lift lines were short.

:confused

The snow was hard in the morning, like it always is after it is cold at night....

Now I like the hardpack, and thats, along with the sugar on top was what the mountain was covered in.

The sugary snow happens when the snow either gets wet (from rain) or melts then refreezes, and then it gets broken up by groomers. I don't like it much, because it is harder to really get your skis away from your body, since the snow doesn't push back as much.

Anyway... like I said before, its mid Dec...Be happy with what you have, or wait til mid feb...

• 1 year later...
:confused

The snow was hard in the morning, like it always is after it is cold at night....

Now I like the hardpack, and thats, along with the sugar on top was what the mountain was covered in.

The sugary snow happens when the snow either gets wet (from rain) or melts then refreezes, and then it gets broken up by groomers. I don't like it much, because it is harder to really get your skis away from your body, since the snow doesn't push back as much.

Anyway... like I said before, its mid Dec...Be happy with what you have, or wait til mid feb...

Ski dude is just like atomic jeff.Both of you are to afraid to race me.