Back to the early 90's already???

Coach

I am talking about people having their bindings on the tips of their boards rather than having them spaced for comfort. Their bindings are prob 30 inches wide.

It is underdtood a wider stance is better for maintaining a lower center of gravity which in turn, keeps you much more stable for sliding rails and sticking booters; however, these people have completley gone overboard and I am only curious to know if it's a trend (like the we had in the 90's similar to the current cool leggie calf pack thingy these peeps are rocking now) or if it's actually comfortable.importantly it's prob uncomfortable.

What goes in dos funny wittle things anyway that you wear around your wittle leggies?

:smoke:

Like I said I understand the the purpose. I don't understand how someone that is 5 foot nothin can ride a stance as wide as it goes (or wider by drilling holes) and be comfortable.

:snowpee:

some of those kids just dont know what they are doing and see the pros with wide stances so they are like ohh man i need a wide stance like his! and set their board up like the pros who are prolly a good amount taller then them haha

im riding my new dominant almost as wide as it goes.. it can prolyl go a couple more inches wider but then thats the point where its uncomfortable..

Right Dominant man. You actually get it. That is prob it...like you stated. I have seen some kid with his stance so wide that he could hardly turn his board while riding, yet he was able to slide a rails but it looked so uncomfortable for him to ride that way.

I ride my board at 23 (which is wide) but it's comfortable as I stand a bit taller than 5 foot.

:smoke:

Maybe we should all cut down the noses and tails of our boards and either remove or just leave a nub for our highbacks like they did back in the day.

I'm glad you kids can butter the snot out of the rails with your setups but those aren't blunt slides or nose presses you're doing on the boxes cause you ain't got no nose.

All the control that is compromised by your set-ups that is forcing you to go so slow cuase you can't even turn. :nono

Very interesting. I have now a more difficult challenge...try guessing whats in the wittle leggie thingies which are worn around the calf??? Huh. . . See if ya can get wit dat?

:snowpee:

A drill in case they feel they're stances aren't wide enough so they can make on the fly adjustments.

I ride a wide stance, no were near 30 inches though, Mine might be 22.5 or 23, and that is comfortable to me, anything less for me would seem stupid.

edit: im 5'11 and ride a 158

Edited by Switch096

Very interesting. I have now a more difficult challenge...try guessing whats in the wittle leggie thingies which are worn around the calf??? Huh. . . See if ya can get wit dat?

if ya dont know their airblaster leg bags.

http://www.myairblaster.com/

http://www.myairblaster.com/servlet/Produc...3&searchIndex=1

:This is the one and only Airblaster Leg Bag. This product is essential for all your shred needs. It provides a place for your items such as car keys, chap stick, phone, little black book, season pass, compass, extra lenses, business cards, gum, money, stickers (you never know when you need to freshen up that sticker job on your board), film, wax, tool, extra hardware, power bar, and so many other things. This leg bag is equipped with a D-ring that allows you to attach any leash coil.

and basically worn by a lot of people who dont even really care about using them but they are THE trend... airblaster is definitely one of the "cool" B) things to have right now.

too many posers for me :P

if ya dont know their airblaster leg bags.

http://www.myairblaster.com/

http://www.myairblaster.com/servlet/Produc...3&searchIndex=1

:This is the one and only Airblaster Leg Bag. This product is essential for all your shred needs. It provides a place for your items such as car keys, chap stick, phone, little black book, season pass, compass, extra lenses, business cards, gum, money, stickers (you never know when you need to freshen up that sticker job on your board), film, wax, tool, extra hardware, power bar, and so many other things. This leg bag is equipped with a D-ring that allows you to attach any leash coil.

and basically worn by a lot of people who dont even really care about using them but they are THE trend... airblaster is definitely one of the "cool" B) things to have right now.

too many posers for me :P

I think the bags just look plain stupid, along with the people who tie a bandana to there belt loop.

Edited by Switch096