Conditions: 03/01/04

nick malozzi

Well today was a very wet day to say the least. Slush puddles, grass spots, and exposed rocks were a frequent sight. I dont think it will be much longer now til the end of this season. I am thinking end of next week or early the following week and we will see CB come to a close for this season. The crew was working on bringing in all the snowmakeing equiptment, and any other stuff no longer needed to opperate the mtn. So for those of you holding onto that slim chance it might get cold enough for them to pump out some snow for a few nights, well im sorry to crush your dreams. This i believe is the last week of scheduled ski club trips, so i am assumeing that they are trying to at least stay open until that is all over. With the rain predicted this week, that is going to be quite a project for them. Either way, get your last runs in guys. It wont be long. :(

just talked to the LHS Ski Club prez(my g/f, lol). turns out CB consideders school ski clubs last trip's as their "bonus trip". basicly it is the trip they give the schools for free for agreeing to do business with them. and the bonus trip is NONREFUNDABLE. so if they were to close (god forbid) before this friday they actually wouldn't lose any money. however, i am sure a number of schools would be looking else where for next year after a shady move like that. so we'll see.

From The Weather Channel:

Today: Cloudy with a few showers. High 59F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

From the Conditions page:

Today: Windy and mild. High 58, Low 36.

While they are still "stretching the truth" by ommiting the chance of rain, this sucks either way!