? on drying boots

bigdaddyk

Quick question about drying boots. Would it hurt to turn them upside down and put them on top of a radiator to dry them out? I used to do that with rentals and didn't notice any negative effects, but I am hesitant since I now own boots. I took out the inner boot and did this, with my new boots, but it is a pain to constantly do this and I am afraid of tearing or damaging the inner boot. I guess my question is, could/ would the heat from the radiator be enough to damage the plastic shell. I've looked at the insert dryers that you plug into the wall, but I don't like the idea of doing this overnight, like the instructions say, because if they would short out I'm sure the inner boot would catch fire easily :confused.

Edited by bigdaddyk

After reading all these responses: Santa, I NEED a set of boot driers, please??? I've not had a need of them since I usually have a few days between ski days and I allow the boot linings to dry naturally. Also, I don't seem to have much moisture entering in, anyway; unless it is a warm and wet day.

Another vote for boot dryers/heaters.

I have a smallish, foldable boot dryer for one pair of boots and then a larger boot dryer for two pairs of boots (or gloves). My feet sweat alot, so I pull the liner out at the end of the day and put the shell and the liner on a boot dryer. If I am at a resort, in the morning I assemble the boots and put them on the dyer to warm them up.

I have let the boot dryers run all night without a problem.

If I am driving to ski, I have the boot dryer sticks that plug into the cigarette lighter to warm up my boots.

The boot dryers are awesome. I use them before and after each day. I like mt boots warm when i put them on ...LoL

i hear ya on that.. nothing is worse then waking up in the morning.. noticing you either left your boots in the garage or your car.. you finally get to the mt and you put your boots on and they are soo COLD! haha god i hate that so much

I throw mine on heating vents in my house, and the huge heating vent the length of my room in my dorm. Both work out alright, but as doug said, sucks to live with me :)

I suppose one day when I have some spare money I'll pick up some boot dryers.