04/05-Dominant Top Sheet

nick malozzi

So i just got back from Blue Mountain a little bit ago, and it was a great day. I did a bunch of runs with Doug, Atomic Jeff, and Jeffs buddy. Normally i spend more time in the park, but i figured since i ran into them i would do some runs with em. So it was a rather warm day and a lot of snow was sitting on top of my board all day. By the time i got home the snow had melted off my board while it sat in the back of my truck, and i grabbed it to put in my parents thule box since we are heading north after xmas day.

So i noticed that right in front of my front binding my top sheet craked at some point today. Probably failed to see this on the mtn due to all the snow on top of my board. I flexed it a bunch of times and it seems as though it isn't having an effect on the board itself, but i am sure with that cracked it leaves the core some what exposed to water damage. So i am going to ride it for one more day while i am up north (since i don't really have any other option, unless i want to ride my beat to shit 03' millenium three cap), but as soon as i get home it is going back to nestors and i am raising hell.

Anybody have any experience with this? I thought i remember skitzo talking about some sort of damage to his dom, but maybe i am wrong? Let me know

BTW: for those of you not totally familiar with the Burton Dominant, it is a board designed mainly for park. So in my mind that implies that it should be pretty damn durable to flexing and things of that nature. Also, today was only my 7th day on it. So i don't see how this could have happened while simply carving some trails up. Unless something is wrong with it.

Edited by Jibophonic

just called nestors to see when i actually baught the thing. computer is showing i bought it as of the 29th, i cant get in there til the 30th. fuck me.

as of now i don't really care about my pimp status or snake skin. i just want a board to ride that isn't my beat to shit m3 which is falling apart... literally.

Edited by Jibophonic

i was just on the phone with burton and they said not to worry about being a day or two late. the girls was really cool and told me that they wouldn't be jerks like that. she also said it def sounds like something they did wrong. new dominant here i come.

if you get the new dom your gonna love it

Got home early from visiting the family up north tonight. So i dug out my receipts and headed to nestors. Two different people looked at it and told me there was no way that i could have caused that type of damage. they told me that odds are the top lam wasn't sealed properly and water got into the board and softened the core, causeing it to become weak and crack the top lam.

they said they would ship it to burton in the AM and that burton has a 48hr policy, and that anything that they have come in with problems will be taken care of in 48hrs. So i should hear back from Nestors some time around wednesday-thursday.

i spent about 2 min looking at gloves after filling out the proper paper work, and the chick behind the counter was already boxing my dominant up to be shipped.

so nesotors scored a few points with me tonight, they were very speedy and helpful. i wasn't in there more then 15min. now its up to burton, but i have faith in them since i've dealt with them before.

Edited by Jibophonic