Re-Construction of Shawnee

parkbuilder

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there all day Sunday

I'll start another thread tomorrow, I wanted to let everyone who reads this know that Shwnees park is up there with Blue. Not quite as techinical but an excellent layout and alot of fun for nipples. I am letting the secret out Keith :D Great Job!! Props!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Here is another update on Shawnee's park.

Most of our features were taken off the trail yesterday to blast the trail with snow. All of the boxes and some rails were taken out and put aside to re-configure setups and placements.

Here is a list of features that are already undergoing re-construction:

Down-Flat-Down

Flat-Down-Flat

40' Booter

We will be closing the trail down for most of the day Thursday to begin construction of the new layout.

I will be giving more updates as they become available.

So sick, you are doing a really good job on that park man. I'm coming up saturday, I'd be competing but sunday I have work. I can't WAIT to see it. I haven't been to shawnee in 4 years, but I used to go there all the time back when I skied.

Thats awsome man... this weekend will be the best all year. We are putting in a lot of hours of snowmaking and cat work, to really beef up the park. Be prepared for a crazy layout and amaizing new setups onto features. Not to mention awsome conditions for park riding. See you there.

is the park going to be open on friday? a few friends and myself might make an apperence.

I have just recieved word today that park construction was moved to this Friday Feb. 8th. We are planning to continue snowmaking around the clock thursday and shoot for a possible Friday evening opening... the park will be open Saturday. Sorry for any inconvience.

i was gonna enter the slopestyle in march.. any info on that? like what was the price and waht not from last year...

also overall was it just a fun chill comp? cause i know i prolly wont place but just wanna have fun

Hey guys... we have done some moving around in the past few days. The second jump and the last feature setup for the mid-atlantic snowboard series will be completed tonight due to mechanical difficulties last night.

The contest in march is def laid back and just a fun comp. I suggest entering that just to meet some cool people. I will be going in tonight again to complete the construction and prepare for tommorow's comp... see everyone there.

wow, the first jump was so sick today, i was a bit dissapointed about the second jumps not being there but other than that the park was absolutly in perfect condition.

nice job.

oh and. are you gonna take some pics of the comp? i cant make it but i really wanna see it so if anyone takes some pics, message me. thanks

Edited by Michels10

how was the comp.

it was so bad this morning when we were gonna leave my mom bagged it

i was really pissed well hope everyone had fun.

The comp went off pretty well, due to some problems that came about we werent able to put in the flat rail to down box. but we ended up having a decent line and mutiple options to chose from in your run. It was soooooooo slow today because of all the fresh snow so the first jump was scratched for the comp. The second jump to the wall ride was the run chosen by the judges. Despite the poor conditions tons of riders (and 2-4 skiers) made it out and threw some stuff down hard. Nothing but good vibes today, we even got the firepit blazin'. Thanks for everyone that came out despite the weather, we had a really great turn out.

keith, you guys have an awesome park going on up at shawnee right now, its just a shame that we couldnt use the first hit in the comp this morning. i was the skier in the green coat and white pants that was talking to you, by the way. if there wasnt so much fresh snow on the course, everything would have been perfect. well, except for the fact that the judges decided to use the c box as a bench, cause i had planned to use that in my run. oh well, it was a fun time today for sure!

keith, you guys have an awesome park going on up at shawnee right now, its just a shame that we couldnt use the first hit in the comp this morning. i was the skier in the green coat and white pants that was talking to you, by the way. if there wasnt so much fresh snow on the course, everything would have been perfect. well, except for the fact that the judges decided to use the c box as a bench, cause i had planned to use that in my run. oh well, it was a fun time today for sure!

haha yea, i had no idea that was you. yea idk about those judges... they just weren't happy people lol. my boss and I were pissed that they closed the C. Not to mention the fact that by the time the comp was over the kicker onto it was completly destroyed :banghead , but hey tommorow is a new day... and hopefully a faster one for that first jump :nana , thanks for swinging by anyway despite the slow conditions. hope to see you again soon.

friday i'm cutting school i'll be up, i built a back yard setup saturday instead of coming up but i'll come check it out this week. im really excited winter picked right back up in like 2 weeks from january, by the end of this week i think the mountains will be back to midwinter prime.

Yea, our mountain may be small but we have pumped out so much snow (and we continue to make snow). Plus with all of this natural stuff conditions will be amaizing for quite sometime. I'll be there most of the day friday as of right now. I'll be in all grey with a burton dominant and the only guy in the park with a rake.

• 2 weeks later...

I was also intrested in the slopesyle contest in march! What were some 13 year old snowboarders throwing down in the mid atlantic comp?

I was at shawnee over the weekend, it had great coverage all over the mountain, the park was great, my favorite thing was the log on top of the quarter pipe

I was also intrested in the slopesyle contest in march! What were some 13 year old snowboarders throwing down in the mid atlantic comp?

I was at shawnee over the weekend, it had great coverage all over the mountain, the park was great, my favorite thing was the log on top of the quarter pipe

Yeah man there are a few good 13 year olds umm i think they throw down like 270s on the boxs and stuff and like 3s over jumps nothing too big ... as far as that log over the spine that was fun and i basicly found the logs for it with keith (parkbuilder) and built it that sunday it was fun but some ass hole knocked it over we werent too happy about that...