1/7 @ Tanglwood

AtomicSkier

Perfect race day, couldn't be any better. I rolled into the Twood lot at 8am, Ski999 was already there, got registered, hung out for a bit, then Skimom rolled in, and eventually Metz did. The temperature was perfect for racing, like doug said, not too hot, not too cold. The snow was super grippy, and the course was AMAZING. Such nice offset and such a nice rythem, I was really impressed for Tanglwood. I got to run first for the men, so that was cool, I got the nicest course :) I laid down too REALLY solid runs, and I mean no mistakes like getting low, etc. I ran two 35's I think....Ski999 had a solid day, and just needed to get down twice to finish second (I needed to get down twice to finish first in my class), so he took it easy. Metz did well first his first race day, second day back after his injury. :)

The Swix speed race was awesome, too. They set up a radar gun at the bottom of the second breakover, with the start from the top race shack. The men's top speed was 56mph (I did 53mph). That's one of the cool things about racing: it's okay to ski as fast as you can.

BTW, Jeff, you finished 10th overall among all men's age classes.

The Swix speed race was awesome, too. They set up a radar gun at the bottom of the second breakover, with the start from the top race shack. The men's top speed was 56mph (I did 53mph). That's one of the cool things about racing: it's okay to ski as fast as you can.

BTW, Jeff, you finished 10th overall among all men's age classes.

:o WOW! 10th overall? Jeez, but then again, the big shots weren't there today...

Well guys, first of all, congrats to Jeff, Skimom and Cole for some awesome skiing. Jeff- I have almost no doubt that you would have placed well had there been others in your age group. Cole, you put on a great show as well, and you have an absolutely beautiful family that you should be proud of. Skimom, it was great to see you putting the injury behind you and getting out there to rip it. Just watching you guys I was able to pick out a few things that I can build upon in my skiing. No injury/equip/etc. excuses, I just got blown out today. I have to thank everyone that showed up for reminding me what I love the most about skiing: Seeing someone faster than me and then busting my hump to get to where I can catch up. Cole, like you said, its a journey. I can't wait to see where it takes me.

Finally, Doug- YOU GOTTA GET IN ON THIS! If anything just for the swix speed run. All I could think of while watching it was you bombing down the hill.

PS- WOW, a ski resort with 1.50 beers. Sweet.

PSS- I'm on such a high right now. It was amazing.

Lmao dude you guys always come to tanglwood and i always miss you.. I was there. In an instructor jacket. Bright orange oakley's brown pants, helmet. My friend travis was working the top in all tan stuff.

Yea, I remember that kid from last year...

Lib, how could you miss Ski999 and I? We were both wearing the same exact jackets, same exact skis, we're not too hard to miss, and Ski999 has a bright orange helmet...

I saw the Jackets but didint know if it was you guys. Anywho.. did you see me? Are you guys comming up again soon?

Ski999 and I were looking for you, but didn't know what you were wearing, I figured you'd at least be able to spot one of us.... :) As for coming back to Twood, there isn't anything currently on the schedule for ASRA....