Conditions 1/16/06

pyro_boarder

Camelback blew snow last night, so the trails that got a fresh coat were really good. Most of the trails were packed powder, some of them were loose granular/frozen slush, but packed powder was more prevalent. This morning was great for carving because most of the snow was soft. They had most of the trails open, but its much better have a few trails closed for snow making than bare spots. The rocket was not bumped up, but they left the snow making piles so there was a lot of terrain variation which was fun. The right side of it was pretty level and had lots of real soft packed powder. It was starting to get crowded as I was leaving at around 11:00AM. Over all I thought that the conditions were very good, especially considering that it was pouring rain a couple days ago.

Can I just say, that rocket....was fricking amazing today. They were blowing snow all day yesterday, and all last night on it, and then groomed it out. They had the piles (rollers) from the snowguns, and packed powder (which is only good when you are playing)....But the packed pow on the rollers, was supppper sweet, and you could make almost every turn off a roller...(or absorb everyone, if you wanted to do that)...Soooo nice

snowgasmic!