rusted edges

boardsnow

so a couple weeks ago i went snowboarding and ended up spending the rest of the weekend in the hospital after a gnarly little fall. when i got home my board was still packed in the bag, and my edges were never dried. as you can guess i ended up with a nice little rust problem. im startin to get closer to the day i can hit the slopes again so i decided to clean em up, any suggestions for rust removal?

wow good deal, i feared id have an increasing problem. i hope to be able to go home and clean everything up after riding from here on out...but unfortunatly that night it just wasnt an option. thanks a bunch to everyone, i prolly woulda wasted a while tryin to clean em up

my swix red gummi stone is effective and goof proof. i approve.

I agree. These can be found in almost any ski shop and are very inexpensive. They are soft leaving almost a 0 chance of damaging edges. I have 2 of my own and have come in very handy over the years.

What i do is take a normal edging tool, and reverse it to the bottom of the edges, and set it to 0 degrees, and scrape away all the rust, then i do my normal (side) edges again, and then wax my skis. It works perfectly, but you might be able to do it a couple of times, so dry your equipment every time you use it.