Camelback 1/28/06

ColoradoHigh

Well, what can I say other then WOW! Skiing today was at its best. The snow was soft, and grippy. It wasn't windy, it was just a bit to hot. There were no bare spots so I have to give like a million kudos to the Camelback Snow making crew :D:rock:clap:clap2 . I had a blast today, I was in control even at high speeds just cause of the nice snow. I was doing good today, I still can improve though. I want to thank Camelback for doing a great job today on how they did everything, espeacially the snow making crew. It was such a great day. For all the people that wasn't there today, HAHA :nana:nana:nana:lol just kidding, but really, it was such a great day for skiing. It wasn't like this in such a long time. :rock

I have to agree with atomic, today was absolutely beautiful! There was quite a crew from PASR out too! I spent most of the day in the Nastar course, and met NJSkiFamily. I had a lovely conversation with them for a bit, before running off to meet up with Skidude and Racerchick. We took some runs down just about everything on the hill and had a blast. I saw volklfreeskier, and I went looking in the park for any PASR stragglers, but couldn't find anyone. all in all, a great day!

How come I didn't find any fellow PASR members. I want to meet up with some memebers cause I have never met anyone from here yet :banghead:no ! I want too. I am going to Blut Mt. next Saturday or Sunday. Who else is going?

Good news for ya atomic- looks like I'll be down at blue one of the days.... alright, maybe thats bad news.... lol, anyways. Just look for my red jacket, and pasr stickers on the back of my helmet. Someoned that fits that description and skis on volkls = me. someone who fits that description and skis atomics = atomicskier.

CB was great yesterday. Props to the snow making/grooming crew - it certainly didn't seem like we've had such a warm winter. Snow was soft but never really slushy - again amazing given the sunshine and warm temps. Even though the snow was soft you could still get some speed. Saw a lot of people fall down and keep going and going and going on the ground.

All the trails were in terrific shape - even high traffic ones like Honeymoon Lane were fun.

Boy, everyone sure came out of the woodwork yesterday. Saw someone wearing a leather jacket - never saw that before. There was the usual crowd of people wearing jeans.

Big props to the lifties - they did a terrific job filtering people onto the lifts. Even though the lines were long you never really felt like you were standing in line too long.

Lots of people on slopes they didn't belong on - Big Pocono was a perfect example. We avoided that trail for that reason.

The park was way too crowded, if not downright dangerous. I saw a terrible collision between an adult boarder and a little, little kid. Totally the kid's fault. I saw the whole thing unfold right below me. I told every "official" looking person that it was the kid's fault.

I finally got to meet skimom and was totally psyched to meet Metz. Metz, I told my son you're feeling the same frustration being less than a second from a silver - that's making him feel better about himself.

I actually outlasted my kids - that's the first time that's happened in three year's we've all been skiing together.

NJSki- I hope he gets his first silver the day I do, then we can all celebrate. Keep him going! And, as a bonus tell him this. While I was checking results I checked his rankings too. As of right now he's qualified to go to the Nationals in Steamboat in his age group for the bronze division! Hopefully that will give him some motivation!

The NJlets are little rippers. It'd be great if they both qualified... and their Mum too.

Yesterday the snow conditions were about the best ever at CB. It was fun meeting NJSKIFAMILY, though brief.

Metzy and the male NJlet - who will be the first to the silver...? Maybe they will both do it next weekend...