Camelback To Close On 3/21/04

AtomicSkier

well jeff you sure called it. direct from the skicb homepage.....

Join us Sunday for the Final Day of the Season! Camelback Ski Area will close for the 2003/2004 season on Sunday, March 21st at 5:00pm! Make a few last turns with us on Sunday. Please note that there will be no night skiing on Sunday. Thank you to all of our guests who made it a great year! Visit our conditions page for details.

Closures:

Blue: March 21st 5pm

Bear Creek: Already Closed

Shawnee: "Open through the 28th"

Alpine: open til 630 saturday and 600 sunday, no news on closing.

Big Boulder: Closed

Jack Frost: was closed all this week. opening for the weekend. no news on closing.

Elk: Open through march 27th

Mountain Creek: open this weekend. closed this week. open next weekend (weather permitting).

and the fat lady is getting louder and louder. :upyers:pissed:no:thumbdown:banghead:cya:angry::(

It looks like volumn had nothing to do with their decision to close. Friends tell me it was quite busy during the week. Saturday I saw plenty of day ticket people too, not just passholders. Quite busy for this time of year. What a shame.

BTW, anybody know what the passholder party was like? Didn't they have filet mignon or something like that last year? I wonder how they'd try to top themselves to try bribing passholders from feeling they'd been cheated out of at least an extra week.

well...ill tell you one thing about the passholders party...this is the first year Ive had a pass...and was kinda excited about the whole party thing, so me and a friend went up there not knowing what was going on. So we asked a girl working at the pizza line where the party was being held, and she informed us that it was in the east cafe...so we went over there and the doors were locked, some people pointed towards the other doors and told us to go around...so we did but being under 21, we werent allowd to cut through the bar area like they told us too...so basically after about 10-15 minutes of trying to get in there...we gave up, because everyone was looking at us like we had 5 heads...I was a little pissed off...I mean I payed for my pass just like everyone else...and we werent even allowd to go into the party. So we finally gave up and went to get some pizza, the girl felt bad because we told her the whole story...so she gave us some free pizza. She said something about how they usually send the kids down to the ski school area...but being 19 and 20 years old...I think that would have been pretty stupid. needless to say...I wasnt very fond of the "party"

Yes all good things must come to an end. :unsure: it was a good season. can't wait till december. i finish school and get to go skiing again. gonna be a good month.

This is my first message in real CB. so far i like it. the other board was getting so dull in and boring. hopefully just b/c CB is closed messages won't die down too.

Later

um did u forget that he is banned over there missy? that board is doomed i tells ya! doooomed! so joe, stick with us and we will keep u occupied and entertained. also, be on the look out for http://www.paskiandride.com . a multi mountain comunity thats features even blow this amazing ones away! welcome aboard. just remember. "those aboard stay aboard, or else.....arghhh"....angry pirate urge has now been satisfied

stop, i have the whole week to get threw, and i'm not fond of that whole flying thing to begin with, the whole idea of the plane crashin sits in the back of my head all day long

and then there are the races, and skiing.....ahhh i was doing so good too, u guys are ganna pay for this one

Edited by skigurlski