2/2

beachiegirl2ski

i was skiing tonight and conditions tonight were bad!! big bare spots cover a lot of the blacks. rest of the trails are brown snow. it was very slow snow tonight. if we get hit with a lot of rain i cant see how they are going to be able to stay open.

on another note i noticed a lot of people skiing up to the top of the jumps and stopping, standing there and waiting. especially the guy who stood there for 5 mins at the top of the jump to get into the park. no one was able to hit it cause he was just standing there. another son and father ski right by the same jump didn't look up the mountain to see if anyone was coming in. of course there 3 snow boarders who had to slow down and miss the jump cause of them.

i'm not a park and pipe skier and i must say that yes i have done those things before with my son. but now after being on this site and reading the posts i have learned so much. i do see the need for something to be done about educating people about proper etiquette in the park.

Welcome Beachie!!!! yeah-- this weather sucks, my heart is breaking for BC so much, they do not deserve this crap, my kids are hating on me for not getting them up there this week. Spring skiing is coming way to early this year.. Sacrifice something to the snow gods, open your freezer doors... turn on the air conditioners.......something.....

i did see a start of a bra tree on the triple lift. i think more people need to sacrifice to make them happy

That is soooooo funny.... because tonight I stopped into TJ Maxx.. I saw SALE!!! OK .... it was really embarrassing buying 3 $5 bras!!!!!! all lacy pink. polka dots -- :blink:

I showed them to my kids thinking that they would get a great kick out of them... It was funny at the cashier register and it was really difficult explaining that I was really going to throw them in a tree to appease the snow gods..

CB - 8 am... the sacrificial ceremony will start! Be there!

haha - i saw some of the new bras, papasteeze. i did a double take on the tree and thought huh?? is there more than last time?

unfortainetly the rain gods (ski patrol it looked like) took them down around 9:45pm.

Other than that i actually thought tonight kicked ass, sure the snow was a bit slush, but you could really lay down some deep carves! flying outta the mouth of sasquatch and laying down a carve never felt so good.

yes i have done those things before with my son. but now after being on this site and reading the posts i have learned so much. i do see the need for something to be done about educating people about proper etiquette in the park.

being a parent yourself can you please explane to us what goes throught peoples heads about bringing their young child throught the park im just woundering the mentatly behind it. i think papa can chime in on this one too. is it to shut the kids up or something?

Goodness VT - I could write a book. I don't think my experience of my kids in the park is a great example.

We skied primarily Elk for a couple of weekends and 1 week out west when my boys were getting their legs.. Elk had a jump or two and maybe a rail.. Steven was always in the trees and shooting out into the trails. Ridge would just ski behind me always on my tails. I would have to ski faster and faster to keep him from running over me..

OK - the park.. We really didn't see any parks around here we saw them out west. Our first awakening to park etiquette was in SnowBird Utah. We found the hidden big park.... Steven skis down around and scopes some 50 and 70 footers, I am taggin along. All of the sudden a late teenager or older comes skiing up to me and angrily tells me that I should not bring little kids into that park.

All of the sudden.. a guy goes flying by spinning inverted. uhhhhh.. Holy crap!! I never let steven grind rails initially, (tears up the skis) I got him some park lessons in Colorado when he was 7 and the instructors let me hang, so the basics were taught early on. We have a standing rule that lessons are to be taken every year. To this day, I frequently hang in the park trying to help others learn the basics of smart style. To this day, I still remind Steven to call drop and call it frequently.

Big Boulder and soon to be, Shawnee have great beginner parks. I think all mountains should have some tiny features or bumps that beginners can play around (open to everyone) and that any park with features and jumps should be required to have a pass to enter.

In general, I think kids beg their parents to let them go into the park and the unsuspecting unaware parent grudginly gives and makes the run with them. Parents want their kids to have fun. They are out for a weekend, maybe a couple of times a year and just don't know. That is why there should be park passes. No different than when you race. You have to register and it is in an area designated as such.

Edited by Papasteeze

to start off we have only been skiing a year. my son at least to me looks like he was born with skis on. last year he skied on fisher rxj. my son went from pizza to having his skis close with in a couple a lessons.

he can ski the all the blacks around here with out falling. and he has also skied the blacks up in killington. he is very much in control when he skis.

this year he is skiing on the volkl super sport. we did he get a pair of volkl twin tips but he thought he might want to snowboard. so we sold those and leased a board.

my son wanted another challenge. so why not let him try the park out.

thing is when he got in the park he got scared. would ski up to the top of the jump and stop. he wanted to ski and try and of course i wouldn't let him go in alone for fear of something happening to him and me not being there.

there needs to be a park open with small jumps, low rails for kids to learn in and then should have someone in that park full time teaching the kids to call in the drops. and about being heads up when in there.

the only way to learn the park is to go and do it. all you guys had to learn somewhere.. some how

after reading all the post on here we haven't been in the park at all. i have learned and been made aware of what goes on. new people taking up the sport don't have a clue. and maybe mountains should run videos about all safety, not just in the park but about pizza wedges going down the blacks.

some how the moutains need to make new people aware of this stuff

just some of my thoughts.. sorry for rambling

the only way to learn the park is to go and do it. all you guys had to learn somewhere.. some how

after reading all the post on here we haven't been in the park at all.

In lieu of structured training programs and park passes, you might consider letting him go into the park and encourage him to make some friends. keep an eye out but don't hover. Check your PM's - and get those twins back!! Volkl Doggens and you sold them? NOOOOOOO! :D

Edited by Papasteeze

he had to make up his mind as to what he wants to do.. ski or snowboard. we cant be packing regular skis, twin tips, and snowboard ever time we go skiing. i think he is going to lean more to skiing .. if he does we will go out and buy another set of twin tips for sure!

and i just want to say that everyone on this site has been a big help and welcome me . thanks