Park lighting...

burton71

I usually ride BC durning the day but this season I've had a few nite sessions. Are there any plans for upgrading the lighting in the main park? It is pretty bad. The landing on the top jump isn't lit at all. And there are some other really dark spots in other areas.

Last year I did a tour of Canada and hit a bunch of mountains. One of the coolest things I saw at one mountain was how they lit their park. On top of having just really nice lighting throughout the entire thing, they had colored spot lights on the jumps. The faces of the jumps were washed in a nice purple light and the landings were green. It made doing spins and flips at night so much easier. I think BC could benefit from a similar kind of setup. It makes night riding so much better.

colored lights? that is freakin awesome... if any mountain around here were to do it, it would be Bear because Blue doesn't care about the lighting in their park. most of the times the lights randomly go off and never come bck on the rest of the night. by the end of the night you are holding your cell phone open just so you can see... well its not that bad, but it does suck..

after today, though, i think a lot of mountains are going to have their landing marked... with mud.

Edited by toast21602

That colored lighting idea is pretty sick. Not only would it look good but maybe the park crew could put up signs sayin something like 'don't stand in the colored areas' or something to keep the kooks off the takeoffs and landings.

And yeah, that top booter has been there for what, 4 years now and theres still no light on that landing. Is it that hard to put an extra light on the pole that's already there? It would make landings a little less sketchy at night.