SHOWDOWN Best Trick Competition

Bear Creek PR

Here is the information for this Thursday's Best Trick Competition.

REGISTRATION takes place from 4-5:30pm at Guest Services. Registration is limited to 30 competitors in each division (first come, first served). The divisions are 12 & Under (combined ski & board), Women's (combined ski & board), Skier Novice, Skier Expert, Snowboard Novice, Snowboard Intermediate and Snowboard Expert. Registration fee is $10 and a valid lift ticket or season pass is required. Helmets are also required.

FORMAT Practice for competitors starts at 4:30. The competition starts at 6. Each competitor will get 2 runs and only the best run counts. The order of competition will be 12 & Under, Women, Snowboard Expert, Skier Expert, Snowboard Intermediate, Skier Novice, Snowboard Novice.

JUDGING Competitors will be scored by a panel of 3 judged based on these 3 criteria: Overall Impression, Trick Attack (variety/difficulty/execution) and Technical (take off & landing/amplitude/speed). Points awarded are 5 for first place, 3 for second place, 2 for third place and 1 for fourth place

JEEP KING OF THE MOUNTAIN This competition is a local qualifier for the Jeep King of the Mountain competition series. The top 3 skiers and snowboarders for both men & women will receive invitations to compete at a regional event. For more information, visit the Jeep KOM website

Edited by Bear Creek PR

Anybody on here participating, Nipples??? Toast???

Nipples wants to do it.. Very strong possibility we will be there.. PLEASE Get some portable floods if it is going to be on the big jump. I am not too interested in seeing my kid go big in the dark just before we leave for Breck. PLEASE LIGHT IT UP!!!!! Some one had a neat idea about colored lights, that would be sick if it possible.

Nipples wants to do it.. Very strong possibility we will be there.. PLEASE Get some portable floods if it is going to be on the big jump. I am not too interested in seeing my kid go big in the dark just before we leave for Breck. PLEASE LIGHT IT UP!!!!! Some one had a neat idea about colored lights, that would be sick if it possible.

My guess is it will be on the middle jump. It was last year.

I'm glad people like the colored light idea. It was seriously one of the coolest things I have seen and ridden on and made night riding so much better.

i think the colored light idea is cool but realistically how the hell are they going 2 do that in a few days... i think that bear needs better lighting but it wont happen till next year if it ever does... if u think its hard to see try getting some good footage in the dark trust me its a challange

Boyer told me its going to be ont he middle jump, which is the second one i'm guessing, the same as last year. he said that they are going to try to make it longer than it is now. I could go across the room and ask him but i'm too lazy. when i get my ass up and find out what they are doing for sure i will let somebody know.

i think the colored light idea is cool but realistically how the hell are they going 2 do that in a few days... i think that bear needs better lighting but it wont happen till next year if it ever does... if u think its hard to see try getting some good footage in the dark trust me its a challange

Yeah I was referring to next year.

ehhh. im trying to get out to tahoe this year with her family it will be a last minute decision so im trying to earn browny points.

Ahh i was there for the trick comp. It was decent... nothin real special. But i dont understand y they always build the jumps up and then basically destroy em and make em crappy again afta its over. Makes me sad.... lol. But anyone else goin to vermont to see the Snowboarding us open this year? Ill be there!