Should I visit?

sexkitten

We are still trying to decide where to go for my b-day and since neither of us has ever been to Mountain Creek we put it on the maybe list. My question is, is it worth going to MC on a Friday or should I just stick to Blue? I usually ski Blue, which is my favorite PA mountain. I did go to MC's website, but I wanted to get the real story from you all. Thanks.

We are still trying to decide where to go for my b-day and since neither of us has ever been to Mountain Creek we put it on the maybe list. My question is, is it worth going to MC on a Friday or should I just stick to Blue? I usually ski Blue, which is my favorite PA mountain. I did go to MC's website, but I wanted to get the real story from you all. Thanks.

Mountain Creek All the way !

if you are gonna go this friday... Creek is gonna be a ZOO!! im not even kidding..

the best time to go to creek is weekday mornings, thats the only time i go.. but other than that it can get packed pretty quick.. if you ride park theres not doubt that creek is way better then blue but overall riding im not sure i never leave their park haha

I ride the park...but not well. I prefer to ski the mountain and play in the park every two or three runs. We usually ski from open till lunch, so crowds aren't usually an issue. We are looking for somewhere different to go Friday the 24th (my b-day, yay!). I guess MC is out of the running.

I ride the park...but not well. I prefer to ski the mountain and play in the park every two or three runs. We usually ski from open till lunch, so crowds aren't usually an issue. We are looking for somewhere different to go Friday the 24th (my b-day, yay!). I guess MC is out of the running.

well MC is a great mountain but its mainly for the park rats..

they do have some great skiing though.. and if one peak is crowded you and always head on over the one of the other peaks.. i just tend to stay away from creek on nights and weekends.. it gets to crazy up there haha

Go to belleayre, more vertical, better terrain, better snow conditions and ................ ski free on your birthday :)

i like belleayre (more vertical and better terrain), but the last time i was there at the end of january, the conditions were a mess.

however, i don't know what it's like right now and the free lift ticket on your birthday thing is nice.

skip creek, the blacks suck ass this week, the bumps are iced to hell and they need to be groomed out becuase there are still some thin spots. the best 3 trails are all closed (devil's bit, pipeline, jumping jack) and its going to be crowded. the park is world class but the riding is 3rd world country status right now

and thats coming from me being up there 3 times this week and going up again tomorrow, realize out of those trails 8 of the 39 are park trails and it usually takes 3 or 4 'trails' to get down so theres only maybe 10 or 12 runs open right now. come back when you see all the trails open becuase the ones that aren't open right now are all major trails

I've been there once after VV/GG got changed to MC. Will never go again. That stupid Cabriolet "gondola" is by far the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Take off all of your equip. after every 2 minute run and hold it while standing up huddled in like cattle...and then you get to walk to where it starts going downhill...only to do it all over again in 2 minutes. What a joke.

as a snowboarder i love that becuase all of our equipment hangs from one foot so spend all day on the south lift with no foot rest and see how much circulation you have in your feet by the end of the day. not to mention boards get trashed when they cross skis under a lift. i agree though they could grade it so you pop back in at the top of the gondola and start moving from there instead of walking so far