Rumor Has It...

meggles

wow..thats a douzy :]

oh and funny story btw...

sean -9 yrs old- tries that first rail on tobyhanna ...its pretty much taller than he is...gets nutted...and then he tipped over the side....funniest thing i have ever seen in my life...haha

i'm sure it hurt but it was just so funny.......

Edited by megan.

yeah i was to lazy to go on their site and look so i thought id just ask haha.. not sure where my moneys goin next year.. it wont be mountain creek.. ill be to far from there to get a season pass

hah i know alot of kids that go to pennstate hazleton.. i beleive the pass is 199 for college students.

I beleive they we are gonna put it in slanted, not totally vert. Ill have more info hopfully tomorrow.

Edited by Jar3d

I beleive they we are gonna put it in slanted, not totally vert. Ill have more info hopfully tomorrow.

umm will i die if i fall over the other side of it? haha that would suck but it would be pretty funny if you were watching...and if no one got hurt badly.....

oh man next weekends gonna be shaweet....ahh i cant wait

... at least jf's open a lot longer than they were last year (i think)

I hope so. I was there Today, Mon. 20th, and was really impressed at the amount of snow they blew over the last few nights. All the trails were in excellent condition. As long as it stays cold, or at least doesn't rain, things should stay in good shape. I have a funny feeling that this will be the end of the snow making, since we are now past Presidents Day....but I hope they prove me wrong.

Edited by bigdaddyk

so far peak resorts have been pretty good about making snow...thats their whole deal, isnt it?

last year it seemed like they stopped making snow in the middle of january, and they closed mid-march (i think)

this is what it says on the site:

"Now This Is Winter "

The warm month of January has given away to the return of cold and wintry conditions at JFBB. Our first Nor?easter has rumbled by. Will there be more???

It would be nice but doesn?t really matter at Jack Frost and Big Boulder because we are making snow and laying down a snow surface that will last in to March and allow us to ski and board to the end of the season. There is still plenty of sliding and gliding to be done at JFBB?so make your plans now!

so hopefully that means they're open till the end of march...

the customer appreciation day is march 19...i hope that doesnt mean closing day...i'm really hoping they stay open till the 26 at least...but thats asking a lot...so who knows

ahh i have to stop thinking about march already!!! right now i need to think about the z games on friday lol i'm super nervous...some of those boarders were good...

Edited by megan.

.... I have a funny feeling that this will be the end of the snow making, since we are now past Presidents Day....but I hope they prove me wrong.

I spoke too soon :blink: . I just checked their site and they have down that they are making fresh powder on numerous trails Monday night... :banana:

Edited by bigdaddyk

i think they did a really good job with the boxes. i think it be cool for jf to get more rails like bb has. a awesome idea would be get more rails that are wider like boxes sorta like mountain creek

jf does have wider rails...but only like 3 or 4 maybe ...they're sweet...

and personally, i'm kind of loyal to jf...i know a lot of people like bb's park but i love jf's park... the rails are really nice and the boxes are sweet too...the park crew does an awesome job making the best of what they've got (next year's gonna be soooo sweet...)

plus it doesnt get nearly as crowded as bb's park does...i love it

Edited by megan.